Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah something still doesn't make sense. UFM's response seemed like he was staking out ground.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If he did what he said he did, then it doesn't make sense why they would put him on paid leave and form a committee to investigate. Of course this could all just be a very poor execution of damage control.

Comment

Comment

• DjuUkJQX0AAee3H.jpg DjuUkKxXgAAHDG8.jpg

Comment

• Were I OSU I'd get it done before the 5% are back on campus and ready to get outraged. It certainly was embarrassing enough for UM when a few hundred students were outside screaming about Brandon after concussiongate.

Comment

Comment

• "

The most significant observation in this whole debate. There also is no reason to suspend him for even one game. He complied with his contract and if we suspended everyone who lies to the press, no one would be left

Comment

• No question urbz isn't getting fired. Smith? I doubt it. The reasons? Police reports being used as supporting documents in the BoT's investigation are exactly what should be done. No one should give a shit about anything McMurphy put forth in his hit piece nor should any of the texting by ZS or CS or any of the photos be used and it seems the BoT correctly didn't. I suspect McMurphy will be leaving town forthwith in fear of his life following death threats. ZS is done. I feel bad for these people. It's a slice of life sort of thing.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; August 4, 2018, 08:54 AM.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• In the end, Zach and Courtney Smith will both be found out to be horrible people; horrible people who were made for each other. As horrible people are wont, they desperately tried to bring others down with them. Fortunately, it doesn't look like they will be successful this time.

I feel sorry for their kids. Otherwise they both have some cosmic retribution coming.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I think it's pretty easy to wonder WHY he lied to the press, and in such a vehement way: "Who makes up a story like that?". Followed by "oh I guess I forgot that I knew about this and just a few days prior fired that exact guy". Pretty obvious there's *something* going on. But the way the game is played these days, if you have plausible deniability you're fine, and he definitely has that. Which makes you wonder why OSU put him on administrative leave when it could have just plowed through with one press conference to blame the messenger and express righteous anger. So there's clearly something going on. No idea the severity, but certainly bad enough for OSU to be more careful that it seemingly had to be.

Comment

• What are your theories of "what's going on?"
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It's worth pointing out that Brian's angry "It's Your Job to Know ........." hit piece was total BS. meyer knew, acted appropriately and his one mis-step was saying he didn't know to the press. Bad but not deserving of the shit-storm that ensued. I thhink as the facts play out in all of this, if that is even possible given the hysteria, we're going to find this was much ado about nothing.

Comment

• I don't know. If it doesn't register on your bullshit detector that's your business but I don't think it takes a lot to see the tension here. My position is that this is far from the most egregious example of this sort of thing. We've set the bar low enough for people like Meyer to jump over it. The way Michigan played games after concussiongate was IMO worse. "Aware but not fully aware" was grotesque. I'm glad Brandon didn't last the week but Hoke's pathetic excuse shouldn't have bought him a few more weeks on the job. It's weird that we pay leaders of organizations so much, and when things go wrong let them keep their jobs as long as they can prove they weren't really doing their jobs properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X