Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    I don't even think Zach's innocence is all that relevant. I personally don't believe he even is innocent. At least not in any real fashion. He's fired and was and is expendable. It's what did Urban know and when, and what did he do about it. Did he coerce and coverup? Did he use his position to keep that asshole from jail and Courtney quiet?
    Talent was saying yesterday that Zach Smith was not fired in 2015 because the police report probably contained nothing. That OSU relied on the report to make their decision.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      I don't even think Zach's innocence is all that relevant. I personally don't believe he even is innocent. At least not in any real fashion. He's fired and was and is expendable. It's what did Urban know and when, and what did he do about it. Did he coerce and coverup? Did he use his position to keep that asshole from jail and Courtney quiet?
      Agreed.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Powell Police Department is refusing to release the report.

Comment

• Powell police refuse to release 2015 report involving Zach Smith

Comment

Comment

Comment

• But not releasing the report looks as though they have something they're hiding.

Comment

Comment

• I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Ugh. Not Bianchi. Him and Le Betard battle it out for the biggest moron in Florida. They make Finebaum look smart.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Agreed, but no one makes Paul look smart.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Bianchi and Le Betard do.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The single salient statement by Bianchi in his otherwise potentially defamatory piece on ufm:

accused serial domestic abuser on his staff for a decade.

Last time I checked accusations without basis in fact are not going to compel a DA to file a criminal complaint. At this point we know that the DA did not file a criminal complaint v. ZS in 2015.

IMO, that's the end of it as far as Title IX or contract violations are concerned. Should the case be reopened? Maybe but leave it to the police to do that and if evidence presents itself then the DA, when presented with such evidence, can proceed to arraignment. To me this would be a finding after the fact in ufm's current circumstance. I could be wrong here and would submit to others who have better legal training than I do.

ZS may be a fucking ass-hole but, as far as we know right now, he didn't commit a crime in 2015. Should he have been fired after the incident? No. Is that indicative of culture at osu that Tom suggests osu operates in the DMZ of legality, morality and ethics? Maybe, but we don't know the entire story. We know McMurphy's et. al side of the story. We don't know what kind of steps the U took to help ZS and CS. We don't know if ZS was put on a short lease with the proviso, one more fuck-up involving CS and you're gone. He fucked up, he's gone.

I'm pretty sure that osu used the crime of criminal trespass as the reason for his termination as legally defensible; should ZS challenge the firing. in court. If he were fired for DV, unproven at it stands right now, would have had osu attorneys walking through a legal minefield in an environment of public outrage.
                              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; August 4, 2018, 09:48 PM.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• He could have just fired him because he's been the worst performer on their coaching staff. But that's not how they did it.

Comment

Working...
                                X