Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• The author's point is that accusations of that kind should be met with swift and vengeful punishments; termination in this case. One needn't concern oneself with troublesome proof, legal due process, or any kind of story vetting. No, just take every accusation and assume it is legit and loose the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword upon the accused lest you be labled a mindless and pathetic fanatic.

I wonder if I levy a claim of sexual harassment against him if he would resign, you know, like immediately? I am guessing not.
      Last edited by AlabamAlum; August 4, 2018, 06:21 PM.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• We are too often flipping the tenet of 'innocent until proven guilty' to 'you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent'. We are taking accusations and demanding punishment without due process and including in that summary decree punishments to people who are on the periphery of the accusation whom we feel may not have intervened sufficiently - even though the onus of proving the source crime has not been met. We allow ourselves to be confident that we are right because of some tweet we read on Twitter or the article of a writer on Yahoo Sports; only after hearing one side, but not all sides, or even considering any rebuttal.

If a jury of Zach's peers examines the facts and testimony and finds him guilty, put him in jail. If it is shown that Urban used his position to intervene or coerce in an effort to hide or obfuscate to let this crime go unpunished, then fire him. Hell, put him in jail too if it breaks the law. But until those crimes are proved, demanding punishment now is cart-before-horse crazy that spits in the very face of American jurisprudence; a mob mentality that demands retribution NOW, proof beyond a reasonable doubt be damned.

::::gets off soapbox; puts on clothes; leaves::::
        Last edited by AlabamAlum; August 4, 2018, 06:18 PM.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• HANG THAT COACH! HANG THAT COACH! HANG THAT COACH!

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              I think it's pretty easy to wonder WHY he lied to the press, and in such a vehement way: "Who makes up a story like that?". Followed by "oh I guess I forgot that I knew about this and just a few days prior fired that exact guy". Pretty obvious there's *something* going on. But the way the game is played these days, if you have plausible deniability you're fine, and he definitely has that. Which makes you wonder why OSU put him on administrative leave when it could have just plowed through with one press conference to blame the messenger and express righteous anger. So there's clearly something going on. No idea the severity, but certainly bad enough for OSU to be more careful that it seemingly had to be.
              This is where my head is at too. Something is up. Don't know how big of a something it is, but this certainly wasn't a case of being unprepared for inevitable questions and as a result accidentally misspoke, considering he had just fired ZS. That doesn't track. UFM is one of the most prepared people you will encounter.

But based on what is out there, don't think he should be fired. I do think he should have let go ZS a long time ago. He's very obviously not someone that should be teaching young men. And from the sounds of it, was a weak link on the staff as it was. Which adds to the incongruity of the whole thing.

Comment

Comment

• Any accusation? I think a dozen (or more) police contacts and repeated reports are more than a single bare accusation.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Comment

• COMITY, YOU TWO MORONS NEED COMITY!

Comment

• The 1980 Bama-Starkvegas game is on the SEC Network. You should watch it.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post

This is where my head is at too. Something is up. Don't know how big of a something it is, but this certainly wasn't a case of being unprepared for inevitable questions and as a result accidentally misspoke, considering he had just fired ZS. That doesn't track. UFM is one of the most prepared people you will encounter.

But based on what is out there, don't think he should be fired. I do think he should have let go ZS a long time ago. He's very obviously not someone that should be teaching young men. And from the sounds of it, was a weak link on the staff as it was. Which adds to the incongruity of the whole thing.
                          The "Up" is that Tosu is, and has been - since at least Cooper got driven out of town, a program that has operated in a DMZ of legality. "Winning" are the "ends" and the lawyers are left to justify the "means".

It's kinda worked out pretty well for them

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            The 1980 Bama-Starkvegas game is on the SEC Network. You should watch it.
                            You should die in a fire, assmonkey.

Comment

• When do we get to see the police report with evidence that exonerates ZS? I don't believe we'll ever get to see it. Can it be proven that Urban did or did not report up the chain in 2015? My thinking is that he did not report to anyone in 2015, and someone is being set up to be sacrificed.

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; August 4, 2018, 06:31 PM.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I don't even think Zach's innocence is all that relevant. I personally don't believe he even is innocent. At least not in any real fashion. He's fired and was and is expendable. It's what did Urban know and when, and what did he do about it. Did he coerce and coverup? Did he use his position to keep that asshole from jail and Courtney quiet?

Comment

Working...
                                X