Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Rocky's pullquote is pretty relevant. If Bianchi is that stupid, well, then, it obviously doesn't take a smart person to put two and two together on this one. If the cops in 2015 in Powell didn't find anything criminal ongoing, you'd think it wouldn't be a big deal to release the police report. The decision to prosecute would have been with the state attorney's office anyways, right? If the cops had to do anything other than by the book a police report can be written to obscure that anyways.

So, yeah. As Tom said, OSU has an aggressive approach to compliance. I would add that it features Meyer's ``core values". So if you don't want a scarlet letter as a result of operating in a grey zone, you'd better be fucking smart about it. Or hope that people are pretty gullible. One of the two. Either way, I still thing the smart money is on OSU being OSU and Meyer keeping his job.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Last edited by iam416; August 5, 2018, 05:49 AM.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Talent,

You know people with agendas will believe Urban controlled the DA and the police department.

It reminds me of several years ago when two Bama players were at a park in Louisiana sitting in a car smoking pot with two LSU players (all old HS friends). The cops, both LSU fans, arrested the Bama players and cut the two LSU players loose. The DA in Louisiana (37 years in office) wisely decided to drop all charges against the Bama players, too.

Agenda-driven folks were screaming!

"Saban coerced and controls the cops and the Louisiana DA!"
          "Saban promotes drug abuse!"
          "Saban should be fired!"

Looking back, it's funny now. In the words of Notorious BIG: "haterz gonna hate". It's only when we allow people with an agenda to circumvent common sense, fairness, and due process to make the decisions do said haterz become dangerous.

And vienna sausages are proof that God exists and loves us.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post
            He could have just fired him because he's been the worst performer on their coaching staff. But that's not how they did it.
            Heck. ZS has signed new contracts TWICE since 2015
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• It's fishy. Urban was probably protecting his buddy, but the scrambling to save him will work.

On the surface it seem similar to JoPa to me. But what the hell. The football program is a success, so nothing else matters.

I guess that's just the way it goes.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• CGVT,

There are a lot of big differences in Penn State with Sandusky and Ohio State with Zach Smith:

-One was pedophilia/molestation and one was a bad marriage with possible domestic violence.

-There was a true cover-up with Penn State, police were not called initially. Police were involved numerous times with the Smith's.

-Sandusky was charged and convicted of his crimes. Zach, so far, has not been.

-With the Zach Smith case, there is at least some evidence that not everyone felt that Courtney was accurately presenting the situation in that her mom and dad did nothing and Powell Police and the prosecutor did not pursue it.

-There is also some evidence that Courtney tried to suppress her original claims in that she reportedly sealed her divorce and dropped charges.

Without Urban's lying, this would be a non-story. Unless and until some coercion is shown on Urban's part, it's hard for me to understand why some people are calling for his firing.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• As far as Bianch is concerned, his personal animus for Meyer is well known, but the quote I cited was a question that I also had about the situation. At minimum I think we can all ask why UFM hired ZS again at osu and kept him on staff after hearing from his own wife and others that ZS was threatening/abusing his wife. He could have dismissed him at any time, as drok pointed out, simply because he sucked as a coach. Happens all the time.

As for for "insiders" feeling "pretty certain" that Warriner was the tipster, I say that's pretty convenient. I think Sam Webb said that Urban had grumbled about the lack of depth on the current O-line roster - a shot at Warriner? - but I wonder if there was enough bad blood between the two men to give EW the incentive to point McMurphy in the right direction.

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Without Urban's lying, this would be a non-story.
                    If Sandusky just would have not raped those kids - that would have been a non story at psu

DjoO96lX4AAxumu.jpg

Comment

• I think he hired him because of his grandfather and loyalty. From a humanitarian stance, I think it's obvious that firing him would have hurt Courtney and an already bad marriage. No one can argue that finacial trouble and unemployment make marriage easier. Is that enough to keep him on? With hindsight being 20/20, certainly not.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

If Sandusky just would have not raped those kids - that would have been a non story at psu

Haha. You can not honestly be attempting to equate Sandusky raping children with Meyer telling a lie to a reporter at media days.

Comment

• Last edited by iam416; August 5, 2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Haha. You can not honestly be attempting to equate Sandusky raping children with Meyer telling a lie to a reporter at media days.

No, not at all. Its your post -- if only (insert name) ______ had not done something it would be a non-story.

If he didn't do what got him in trouble, he would not be in trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              CGVT,

There are a lot of big differences in Penn State with Sandusky and Ohio State with Zach Smith:

-One was pedophilia/molestation and one was a bad marriage with possible domestic violence.
                              That's not quite a fair representation. The osu situation as it relates to Urban Meyer isn't about a bad marriage with possible domestic violence. It's about lying about having knowledge of abuse, or not reporting/covering up abuse. The Sandusky (pedophilia/molestion) case was worse, but if Meyer, or anyone else, was guilty of turning a blind eye or covering up a case of domestic violence they should be fired.

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Last edited by iam416; August 5, 2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X