Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    We have lost our fucking minds, yes. The Al Frankening of Urban Meyer isn't the most obvious example, but it counts.
    There's no "we" about it. The angry mob in this case is an illusion. If OSU is gullible enough to fall for it, then that's on them.

I can't stress that point enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

Gary Moeller got fired for getting drunk in 1995

Moeller was fired for getting drunk AFTER back-to-back 8-4 seasons capped by a 16-point loss to OSU

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

He was fired because somebody had a tape recorder. I think that without the tape, he would have squeezed by.

Comment

• There's no "we" about it. The angry mob in this case is an illusion. If OSU is gullible enough to fall for it, then that's on them.
          Get with the times dude, the same crowd screaming and protesting about our President - is what osu is facing. And its a very angry mob!

Comment

From what talent his posted here regarding contracts, osu likely does not have a tenable claim to fire him for cause.

Weren't you the one just complaining this morning about media rushing to judgement? You should not do so yourself.
            My complaint is that the media tends to rush to judgement not based on facts.

My claim regarding contracts is based on the legal aspects of contracts - facts if you like - that talent is well equipped to discuss. i.e., osu does not have a tenable claim to fire ufm for cause.

I think you agree with this and posted your agreement.

You can sit down now.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

There's no "we" about it. The angry mob in this case is an illusion. If OSU is gullible enough to fall for it, then that's on them.

I can't stress that point enough.

I agree. There's no angry mob. OSU may have its own reasons for letting him go that we don't know about. Or they're gullible. Or they want to break with the past. Or who knows what? But it's clear that others have done worse and survived.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

My complaint is that the media tends to rush to judgement not based on facts.

My claim regarding contracts is based on the legal aspects of contracts - facts if you like - that talent is well equipped to discuss. i.e., osu does not have a tenable claim to fire ufm for cause.

I think you agree with this and posted your agreement.

You can sit down now.
                Jeff you just make a conclusion talent wasn't willing to make. You've rushed to judgement in just the way you dislike.

Comment

• hack! is wrong as usual, but I get it he has to stick up for --- 'his kind'

Comment

• Nothing has been proven at this point... but

At Bob Evans Restaurants, we believe strongly in the family first values upon which the company was founded. We are suspending the current partnership with Urban Meyer and removing all related content pending the results of the official Ohio State University investigation.

Comment

I agree. There's no angry mob. OSU may have its own reasons for letting him go that we don't know about. Or they're gullible. Or they want to break with the past. Or who knows what? But it's clear that others have done worse and survived.

Yes. In a wind storm, Brian Fucking Kelly ordered a kid to climb up a 45-foot scaffold. His punishment was signing a letter that said he would be more careful when he ordered kids to do something that resulted in their death.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yup. That was absolutely insane.

Comment

• Really hack?? Was he black/ gay or a Muslim... ? No discrimination there, no, sexual abuse or domestic abuse? Why even bring it up!

Comment

Officially, he resigned. I've never really known if he was too embarrassed or was pushed out. It was horrible. He didn't lie to the NCAA. He didn't turned a blind eye to the sodomy of young boys or the beating/raping of a woman. This was years before the current climate where people lose their shit if a kid bites a pop tart into the shape of a pistol. Moeller had no history of misbehavior. I don't recall any player scandals on his watch either. He was and is a good guy.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I actually think you are right ..... I drew a conclusion based on a reading of the law involving contracts by talent. If things were to proceed, e.g., osu fires ufm > ufm goes to court claiming wrongful termination > will the court find in ufm's favor? True, we don't know but I think talent is offering a view, not insubstantial, that if ufm was terminated, he would sue and probably win - granted a conclusion not based on fact but rather supposition. But the reading of contract law in this matter, as talent sees it, seems to be on ufm's side.

That's a bit different than the impact of what McMurphy has been doing on consumers of news - at least those that keep lapping up his shit - and I think that is pretty clear.

I don't know. Does it matter?
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• He was fired because somebody had a tape recorder.
                                Exactly 1995's twitter/facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X