Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Meyer to become assistant athletic director at Ohio State

Comment

• Another great move.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think it's fine. Isolate ufm as a football coach and there aren't any better. In the modern era there are two guys at the top of the heap and ufm is one of them.

I don't know him personally so, hard to judge him but his public persona, how he presents himself, leaves a bit to be desired. Did he mess up with ZS? Yep. But he doesn't condone wife beating or TEs that murder people and those were sad albatross' hung around his neck he didn't deserve.

He's a high performance guy that is operating in a high performance, stressful environment that he's elected to take himself out of. Not sure taking himself out of coaching is going to make his life more healthful. You can change the environment but not the guy.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Tate doesn't want competition?

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• It didn't matter because they scored 62 against Michigan but in a close game, the suspect use of the Tate-Cat three times from the 5 yard line resulting in a field goal in the third quarter would have been criticized.

Comment

• They also used it at the end of the 1st half. Two times inside the 5, two FGs. Mostly because the QB that can ostensibly run this shit had at least 1 terrible read (should have pulled). Coulda had 70.

As I noted, Martell is way more an UFM recruit. Matthew Baldwin is way more a Ryan Day recruit. There are a lot of folks around the program who apparently think Baldwin will beat out Tate.

Of course, Justin Fields is way better than both of them, so there's that. C'mon hardship waiver! Hopefully the race card plays big!

Comment

• When they lined up in that I was laughing thinking you were probably pulling your hair out.

Comment

• I'm not a big fan of taking your best player off the field. They had an absolutely horrific red zone game against Purdue and then sort of overreacted and went to the Cardale/JTB model. It wasn't ineffective, entirely, but it's only effective if you're going to let your QB actually run a read-option AND said QB makes the right read.

I was not particularly thrilled at the end of the 1st half when I saw it, and then in the 3rd Q I was pretty pissed. Blindingly stupid.

Comment

• When they lined up in that I was laughing thinking you were probably pulling your hair out.
                        Obviously you have never seen the Talent, he has no hair.

Comment

• I do on my ass!

Comment

• Bill Greene:

This is to the point where I am going to be stunned beyond stunned if Justin Fields isn't at Ohio State in a few weeks. This will heat up after Georgia and Ohio State have completed bowl games.

Comment

• Only question is whether he gets the waiver and plays right away.

Comment

• Correct

Comment

Working...
                                X