Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I look at this roster and include the crappy 2019 class, I think Coach Day has a "talent window" of about 3 years where he can still really win a lot -- if he's really good. But, he has to win early. Has to. He needs to build his reputation post haste amongst recruits. 2019 is already going to be a subpar year. Most OSU fans were ok with that because 2020 was going to be top 1 or 2. But now that's not likely. So, he needs to win. He needs to establish himself as legit so he can get a top 5 class for 2021.

The schedule sets up relatively nicely. Well, non-conference is hot trash, but the B10 has hosed OSU with a 4-game stretch in the middle and Penn State and M back-to-back to conclude. ANd, of course, this is the year where the East gets to play an extra road game. If he could somehow go 10-2 that'd be tolerable. I'm not optimistic.

Fuck Delaney.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• ...you better get your ass to Lincoln next fall asswipe...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The road games are extremely manageable next year.

Comment

• Yes you certainly showed those Terps a thing or two on the road...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You've overstayed your welcome....by about 12 years.

Comment

• STFU
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Urban Meyer Lotto -- pick his next team, and when.

I'll send a bottle of decent booze to the winner.

Pick the next full season, and the college or pro team, where he'll be the head coach (for example, if your guess is that he's hired by the Browns in 11/2019, then pick Browns - 2020 -- that would be his first full season).

Once a year/team is taken -- it's taken.

If Urbs stays retired, or if he becomes a tv analyst (etc.) forever -- then nobody wins.

For my pick, I've got Southern Cal, 2020 season... which means USC 2019, 2021, 2022 are still available.

I suggest that OSU for years 2021-23 be reserved for a week so that Talent can take one of them.

Comment

• Kansas State next week

Comment

• puts down bong

Comment

• California Penal. Next year.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

And, no, Ohio State won't be beating M next year in AA. If that happens then HARBAUGH!!!! should fucking resign.
                        Third prize is you're fired.

Comment

• Coach Ryan Day may salvage the 2019 class. He has Harry Miller solidly in the fold, has Cade Stover signing early and may even save Jordan Battle. Well, the last is due, in part, to UAT flipping other DBs, but my understanding is they still want Battle. Or, at least, have it down to 2 guys for 1 spot with Battle being one of the guys. Not a great class because of numbers, but the quality is there. Probably will be a top 3-4 "average" rating class.

Again, 2020 is where it's at for CRD. And given his unproven status, the 2019 season will play an atypically large role in bringing home a great 2020 class. It's all to play for.

Comment

• Correct. Garrett Wilson loves Ryan Day, so that was never an issue. But, Wilson, Miller, Battle and Stover are multiple year starters. Wilson may start right out the gate. They have 4 or 5 other kids that could definitely surprise. I know, e.g., that they love Marcus Crowley.

The only potential loss right now is Doug Nester. That would hurt, but if that's it, then I consider that win given the situation.

Comment

• They have to figure out what they're doing on defense. I tend to think Day would prefer Grinch to take over, but he's not firing Schiano. So, when Schiano says he's interested in the Temple job that confirms that Day is leaning Grinch.

But, yes, they were really young in most spots on defense. A big question is whether Jordan Fuller returns. If he does, then Fuller, Okudah and Wade are a nice core in the secondary. The LBs can't really be worse -- in fact, Harrison start to show some progress. And the DL will be stacked. They won't have a Nick Bosa-type, but they have some young pup DTs that remind me of what LSU and UAT trot out every fucking year. Taron Vincent and Tommy Togiai playing as defensive fucking tackle as TRUE frosh is a really, really good sign. And, if they suffer a minor injury they aren't likely to pack it in and move to LA.

Offense will boil down to Tate Martell (or Matt Baldwin). That's really it. Should be a top 5 team IF they get good QB play. And, well, the dude that is in charge of QB play got hired as HC because he was good with QBs.

That said, they're behind UAT with Tua and Georgia as Kirby's recruiting matriculates. I think Clemson will take a step back, though they still will win the ACC. So, Ohio State has a shot to, once again, finish just outside the CFP.

Good God, if OSU beats M this year and wins the BigTen, can you imagine the pressure Harbz would be under?
                              It'll break them. A fanbase only has so much Brooklyn Dodger in them. If a first year HC with no previous HCing experience goes into AA and beats HARBAUGH!!! then they'll abandon all hope and join Hannibal.

Comment

• Heh. Sure as fuck dispensed harsh, cold justice to motherfucking Tulane and their dumbass bullshit logo.

Comment

Working...
                                X