Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I understand why they want warm weather sites for bowl games, but with the economy the way it is, people aren't as willing to travel during the holidays to a bowl game and watch a 7-5 team lose to another 7-5 team.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      I understand why they want warm weather sites for bowl games, but with the economy the way it is, people aren't as willing to travel during the holidays to a bowl game and watch a 7-5 team lose to another 7-5 team.
      Or at least they don't want to do this every single year. How many people can drop a few thousand every single Christmas just for a mediocre football game?

Comment

• The OHIO BULL$HIT THREAD - Exactly What It Says -

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        I understand why they want warm weather sites for bowl games, but with the economy the way it is, people aren't as willing to travel during the holidays to a bowl game and watch a 7-5 team lose to another 7-5 team.

So should northern teams only play each other close to home?
        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
          So should northern teams only play each other close to home?
          No but it typically costs a family of four from Michigan significantly more to attend a Florida bowl game than a family of FSU, Florida, or Georgia fans. It's increasingly unfair to expect a fanbase to send 20,000 no matter what, especially when you play in the same general locations every single year and bowl games themselves no longer seem special in any way. And then tell your fans they are bad fans if they don't buy the shitty seats being offered through the AD and buy cheaper, better seats from locals instead.

Bowl games make money for the crooked bowl organization committees and tv execs. That's about it. If it weren't for revenue sharing and the extremely high payouts at the BCS bowls, Michigan very well might have lost money on this bowl game. And for what benefit? A couple extra weeks of practice for next year. The NCAA could easily allow that for everybody...why don't they? Because their buddies who run the bowl games want that extra practice allowed exclusively to those who have accepted bowl bids.

Comment

• Well said, required ticket purchases in the last bowl negotiations (2014-2015 and beyond) was a major point that the conferences made sure they required ticket purchases were reasonable.

Comment

• dang, I hate it when Strangelove makes my case for me ...

But, he's right.

If the economy were real good for me and my family, I MIGHT be willing to hop in the car and head to Florida for a 1-2 night stay and take in a bowl game. That is, if the game really meant something, and the price was right.

But, there is no way I could even begin to consider a trip to Arizona at this time of year. Even if things were good. And especially when the biggest 'benefit' of this game is a chance to impress recruits and/or gain more practice time. And the "impress recruits" thing flies out the windows if you have a sucky performance.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Price just isn't close to right for a mediocre bowl with a mediocre team playing a mediocre opponent.

Comment

• Yeah, I opted for the B10 CG because that was drivable. There was no way I could have afforded a premium game and the Orange Bowl is only marginally less expensive (ticket price, mostly).

South Carolina fans can drive to Orlando. Georgia fans can drive to Jacksonville. LSU fans can probably drive to Tampa, but that's admittedly a haul.

If OSU were playing Clemson in Indy or Detroit, I'd go to the game.

I also think it's ludicrous to pay artificially high prices. Orange Bowl tickets are face value, at worst, for good seats. Buying through the University only has the advantage of guaranteeing you seats in the OSU section.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Grave dig for a prediction: Clemson will score at least one 50+ TD on a screen pass.

Secondary prediction: *IF* Clemson is in a 3rd and "long goal" situation, they will score on a throwback to the TE making it 3 fucking games in a row CJ Barnett can't read that play for shit.

Game predicition: Clemson 45, Ohio State 38. Losing Spence to a rule that is, apparently, only a B10 rule, sucks but is manageable. Not having Roby/starting Reeves is an impossible hurdle to overcome.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I agree, OSU will be Fickelled.
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I hate to say it, but I think OSU wins this one in a cakewalk. Good for the B1G though. Only embarrassment to the conference this year is M.

Comment

• Not really sure how good Clemson is, I don't think they are particularly good but I'd say the same about Ohio.

Comment

• I think osu cruises in a high scoring affair. 45-35, something like that.

Comment

• Huh. That didn't take long.

Comment

• This is an embrassment

Comment

Working...
                                X