Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't watch he entire game but it seemed like every time I looked up Purdue (mostly that Moore kid too) was sprinting away for another touchdown. I mean it looked like freaking Madden out there.
    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Brohm comes from the Petrino coaching tree ..... he was the Louisville QB coach and then OC. His Purdue offense is pretty much a mirror image of the Cardinal's O. That's why you see a QB like Blough running a spready offense with dudes like Moore. Brohm has also built a decent defense at Purdue to complement his high scoring offense. It's really too bad they lost some key games in conference and are essentially out of it for the West crown ...... well, maybe not. Not sure I'd like to see M face them in Indy if it turns out M wins the East.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I don't think anyone is all that interested in Purdue.

Comment

• F Ohio state, that removes Ms margin for error. M can't lose another game, before the game. Puts M in a better spot for B1G title but actually hurts M if they lose a game before then...

I'm not sure I want M in the CFB playoff anyway, not with teams like Bama looking invincible.

Comment

• Ohio State a big favorite. Goes on the road and faces a fired-up team wearing black-out unis and loses by 4 TDs.

Eerily like the Iowa game last year.

I expect the Bucknuts to rebound.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• So all the teams you have played are cupcakes, but everyone ahead on your schedule are goliaths?

#sandbaggusmaximus

Comment

• Not every team. LSU is the stumbling block.

MSU and Auburn will be tough games, but we should win.

Then the toss-up game vs Georgia in the SECCG (if we beat LSU, that is. If the Tigers win out, they go and we stay home).
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Goes on the road and faces a fired-up team wearing black-out unis and loses by 4 TDs.
                      Iowa was a legit 31-point beatdown. This was more like a 14-17 point game. Ohio State is so profoundly stupid both in terms of its players and coaches. It's a totally joyless entirely frustrating team to watch.

But, at bottom they can't run block and their LBs aren't good and Schiano is doing nothing to help them. And their DL is now merely just good. UNL will be a good game, they'll lose at EL and M will beat them by at least 24. That's where they are.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• What the hell happened? Has everyone decided to stop giving a shit? It's not as though there's a lack of talent on that team.
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• They legitimately lack talent at OG and LB. They're starting two OGs that wouldn't make the Alabama roster. They have ok LB talent and, IMO, shitty LB coaching. And they have a huge liability at safety in Isaiah Pryor, who has never met a bad angle he didn't take.

I said earlier in the year, I think they really miss Fickell (who did a great job with LBs) and Coombs. But, that said, they've had some NFL dudes at MLB for awhile. Raekwon McMillan was a fucking bad ass. Jerome Baker was really good, too. And the secondary is good, but not Lattimore, Ward, Hooker good.
                          Last edited by iam416; October 21, 2018, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Seems to me from the pretty uneducated outside to be a coaching issue. Its hard to believe with the recruiting classes you've had that its a lack of talent. You've lost some good position coaches and replaced them with 'meh' and that hurts. Where Michigan has done the opposite, they've brought in the cream of the crop and its showing. These teams are going in opposite directions right now.

Comment

• It's certainly partly due to coaching, IMO. There's always a huge turnover on UFM's staff. Sometimes he hires good guys, sometimes he hires not as good. Warriner was a great OL coach. Not so much OC. Tim Beck was an awful QB coach. Ryan Day is really good, IMO.

I could go on. We'll see if UFM does anything to address the situation in the offseason. This certainly feels like a lost year. They're looking at 9-3/10-2. They're going to lose to M. I mean, if you go 10-2 and lose to M that's a failure. That's where this program is.

I sort of miss the "old days' when expectations weren't through the roof and anything short of the CFP -- not just that, but winningt he CFP -- was a disappointing season. Such is life. There's always the hope that OSU somehow spoils M's season, but there's no way that's going to happen right now. None. Haskins is going to get killed. OSU will rush for 20 yards. M will grind out TD drives. It'll be 2015 in reverse.

Comment

• Having players and coaches rotate in and out so quickly can be a problem. Where's the continuity? Where's the sense of team? How many guys just see the program as a stepping stone to the NFL or a head coaching job? You can recruit 15-20 five-star players a year, but they still need excellent coaching. I like that Michigan has coaches like Greg Mattison and Don Brown who aren't looking elsewhere, and players like Lawrence Marshall, Jared Wangler, and Brandon Watson who are finally getting their chance to contribute to the team. But I wouldn't mind a few more 5-stars on the roster...

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X