Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what's come out in the past 2 hours I dunno how Gene Smith could possibly keep his job but Urban be fired.

Urban lied to the press but reported everything properly it seems. I doubt you'd put out a statement like that without being able to fully back it up.

Comment

• So now it's Meyer didn't know, but still reported it? Things are seemingly back to normal. Yesterday was weird.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Why would Gene Smith be let go if there was nothing to the police report of 2015?
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Exactly. But I can hope.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              So now it's Meyer didn't know, but still reported it? Things are seemingly back to normal. Yesterday was weird.
              Well, no. It's Urban knew, reported it, but lied to the media when asked about it at media days.

If it was reported properly and Smith wasn't arrested or charged, what are we going to fire Urban for again? Lying to the media?

Comment

• Will we be able to see the police report? Does McMurphy have a copy?

Comment

• Bingo

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Well, no. It's Urban knew, reported it, but lied to the media when asked about it at media days.

If it was reported properly and Smith wasn't arrested or charged, what are we going to fire Urban for again? Lying to the media?
                    For being a weasel and a whiny dick?

That's good enough for me ;)
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Bingo
                      Bingo?

Comment

• To DSL

Comment

• Can't see him getting fired anymore. And that's likely the right decision. What's still a bit untidy is if everything was above board for the past 9 years, then why did they decide to fire Smith over the most recent event which seems to be a pretty minor dispute compared to some of what's being suggested out there as having happened previously? I mean, I know why they did, because of how it looked, but it seems pretty incongruous to how they are positioning this situation has been handled to date.

Comment

• Then again, Brendan Gibbons was never charged with anything either, but the school booted him anyway.

Comment

• Eventually. And that was a Title IX case.

Comment

• To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X