Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They were really only calling fouls on those two when they were reaching on the entry pass or on the shot. They let them bang all game. The possession before Wesson's would-be offensive fouls, Ward had is forearm planted with a full lean and leverage into Wesson. I dunno, offensive fouls on either of those two seemed silly given the way the called the game. Wesson's flop was embarrassing and justly punished. His 4th fould, though, was pretty debatable (loose ball after a three was partially blocked). But, they were calling almost everything on the perimeter, so fair is fair.

I have zero complaints. I'd much rather see Ward and Wesson go at for most of the game than see either on sitting on the bench. Ohio State did their best to keep Wesson out of foul trouble. After he got his first foul roughly 2 minutes into the game, he played way softer on Ward for the half and they choose to double Ward to protect Wesson. They kept up the doubling strategy in the 2nd half when Wesson got 2 quick ones to start that half. Mixed bag, IMO. They got some good looks, but Ward would have fouled out Wesson or scored at will if they didn't do that. And Ohio State's front line "depth" is literally Kaleb Wesson and Kyle Young.

Bottom line is that OSU got killed in the backcourt. And MSU ended up shooting the ball really, really well after a cold start. 75% in the 2nd half or something?
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah I didn't have much of an issue with how they called it, but my point is if you get in that kind of foul trouble you are playing with fire with what they are going to call. I don't mind forearms and leaning, but if you extend that forearm you are pushing it.
      Last edited by froot loops; January 6, 2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Schiano is definitely out. To be replaced by Greg Mattison? I discounted the rumors as preposterous over the the weekend, but I think they actually have legs. Boy, ummmmm, wow. Underwhelmed comes to mind. Hoping this ends up in the rumor dustbin of history.

Comment

• Welp. It's true. Fuckety Fuck.
            Last edited by iam416; January 7, 2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Everyone on the defensive staff is going to get shitcanned except Larry Johnson. Day passed on Grinch and let him go to OU. He told Schiano to look elsewhere. Billy Davis is gone. Taver Johnson is probably gone. Man, total house-cleaning. He better know what he's doing. He better have some all-star recruiters coming in. They're going to lose Wypler over this. They better be able to make up for it elsewhere.

Comment

• Johnson's the one you'd want to keep

Comment

• Well, yes, but I'm not sure I'd take Mattison over Schiano or Grinch. So, I'm all for the shitcanning; the hiring has me concerned. But, the optimistic side of me says it's part of a plan to bring in a younger rising star type of guy to mentor under the AARP DC for a year or two. If it's Corey Raymond, then I'm over the moon. Pipe dreams being what they are.

Comment

• He's not going to outsmart himself, at least.

Comment

• LOL ! Mattison is Brady Hokes best friend - that's the only reason why he came (back) to Michigan. His contact was up I believe - you can have him!

Comment

• The expired contract/not renewing the contract thing has been debunked by several trusted M "insiders." Not that it changes the quality of the hirel

Comment

• Alright, so what's done is done. The outstanding question is whether Al Washington leaves Western Ontario for the Promised Land of non-skunked tasting beer and viable legal tender. At least it concerns OSU-M.

The real outstanding issue may be whether or not OSU can pay Corey Raymond enough to leave Baton Rouge. Dear god, I hope so.

Comment

• Also, on the plus side, having taken over RichGOD's trainwreck, Mattison has experience correcting inexplicably awful defenses. Well, in RichGOD's case, I guess it was explicable. So, just awful defenses.

Comment

• Sully from the Valenti show...

Comment

• Jeff Hafley? Woof.

Comment

Working...
                                X