Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullshit. I doubt there is anything on the planet you think is wonderful.

Comment

• That's no way to spend your remaining Golden years Stan.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 6, 2014, 09:09 PM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• And you won't even have him around to anchor your defense this year.

Comment

• Hey, last year was a miracle year. Ohio State actually lost to M in Columbus AND the B10 tourney. Odds of both those happening had to be 1 in a trillion or more. And in the end, OSU and M ended up in the same place -- Not in the FF. Ouch.

Onward to this season. I like OSU hoops. Not quite as much as OSU football, but, heh, we wouldn't want to talk about the sport in season, now would we. LOL.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Good stuff:

We have our coaching situation all straightened out and we are already seeing benefits of that this year. Greg Mattison is 62, and will probably retire sometime within the next 5 years or so, but he will also groom a successor so that the transition will be smooth. Hoke isn't going anywhere, and he's proven that when he needs assistants, he finds good ones. He understands Big Ten football, and how the team needs to continue its midwest flavor.

I say bring Urban Meyer and his all-star coaches on. Bring it, and lets get this thing going.

Comment

• Better stuff:

Look, the reason for M's resurgence is coaching. I don't think there can be any argument with that. Now, given the reality of the effectiveness of M's coaching staff in returning M football to the level of respect it once had, given that M will have one more year of continuity than osu's coaching staff will have, makes one wonder why you see osu's football fortunes being so much better than M's. osu will be playing catch-up in the short term. If you assign any level of importance to coaching as it relates to wins (which, I think, you have grossly underestimated its contribution to wins and I offer the stunning turnaround of M's defense with the same talent when in the hands of competent coaches as proof positive that you have underestimated it's contribution) while Urban may be a fine coach, he's going to spend two seasons organizing a new staff and players who don't know what that staff expects and that's being generous.

IMO, M football has established itself as on the rise. osu, while it is being rescued by what the fans perceive is some kind of Messiah, the outcome is not yet known and I find your optimism nothing short of fatuous bull shit.

Comment

• Thankfully, someone got something right -- though, predictably, it wasn't an M poster:

I can't even imagine the pressure on M knowing that this is their chance to win; knowing that that it will be another 3-4 years before they have a good chance to win again; knowing that a loss on Saturday will surely mean at least 10 in row. Unfortunately, I think OSU's shitball team just doesn't quite have it. I guess I'll have to settle for 10 of 11 instead of 11 in a row. Dark days.

In truth, there's hardly any better way to close out such a craptastic year than the ultimate in disgraceful losses. Fortunately, the book is closed on this season and all its misery by close of business Monday, and the glory of 2012 is upon us by Tuesday. Can't wait -- wish I could fast-forward through Saturday -- but, still -- can't wait.

Tally ho. Make the most of Saturday -- it's going to be awhile after that....again.

Comment

• I like this one:

There is nobody more suited to stopping Meyer's offense than Greg Mattison, who went against it in practice at Florida.
                  Well, maybe Pat Narduzzi, but hey, Mattison has held UFM's offense to a mere 68 points in 2 games.

Comment

• Good God, I'm looking forward to the next ten year segment in this squalid conflict.

Perhaps that period will settle it once and for all.
                    It has...after a mere 2 years!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Hey, last year was a miracle year. Ohio State actually lost to M in Columbus AND the B10 tourney. Odds of both those happening had to be 1 in a trillion or more. And in the end, OSU and M ended up in the same place -- Not in the FF. Ouch.

Onward to this season. I like OSU hoops. Not quite as much as OSU football, but, heh, we wouldn't want to talk about the sport in season, now would we. LOL.
                      ?????????????

WTF? You lost in the second round to an instate rival, following which there was much mocking of your bullshit school's bullshit name; whereas it took an assassination attempt on Jordan Morgan and a miracle shot to keep Michigan out of the Final Four.

Comment

• Comment

• We're 1-0 against him. He unofficially quit coaching after the 2009 season and left behind a mess at Florida. He'll have none of the star assistants that he had during his glory days at Florida. And he's taking over a team that just went 6-6 against an easy schedule and was one blown zone read and one long pass away from being 4-8. I'm no more terrified of Urban Meyer than I was of Brian Kelly. Personally, my unbiased opinion is that OSU has more of a rebuilding job on offense than people think. Miller will make an excellent spread QB, but the guys who will be his supporting cast next year weren't good at all this year.
                          I wonder, in 2014, who M fears more, BK or UFM? Probably a fair question as both big-time programs are well-ahead of M.

Comment

• WTF? You lost in the second round to an instate rival, following which there was much mocking of your bullshit school's bullshit name; whereas it took an assassination attempt on Jordan Morgan and a miracle shot to keep Michigan out of the Final Four.
                            Are you confused by "not in the FF"? Oh, shit, I get it -- last season was the season the regular season and even BTT meant something.

Comment

• Mangled in with the UFM hiring stuff, this appropriate comment from Oracle talking about whether Matta's Buckeyes have surpassed Izzo's boys:

You have to win in March to be able to say that. Other than the Oden year, he hasn't done shit.
                              Basically the same is still true, though he has one more FF to his credit. However, you can safely make the same statement about JB and simple say "Other than the miracle Trey Burke year, he hasn't done shit."

Comment

• I wonder if OP's "crew" still orders Dominos in Mr. Brandon's honor?

I just want to say a special thank you to AD Dave Brandon. In addition to running the greatest football empire the NCAA has ever known, Mr. Brandon was able to find the extra time to scout and expose yet again that rogue regime to the south. As usual, the NCAA is as inept as ever in these matters and it certainly doesn't help that Gee (pronounced GAY) & Emmert were "housemates" (whatever the hell that means) at the University of Colorado....but the ever vigilant DB is on the watch.

Anyway, a special thanks, as Team OP outfits for another fishing adventure, his crew gladly ordered every damn pizza on the Dominos' menu in Mr. Brandon's honor...not to mention the fact that he retains several million dollars in preferred corporate stock, just our way of saying thanks. Well done DB, keep up the most excellent work!

Comment

Working...
                                X