Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ???

Meyer's playoff run was impressive but honestly it does not excuse losses to VT & Penn St. (fix by B1G & Officials) means he is mortal. Frankly, a 2 loss OSU meant TCU should have gotten the nod anyway.

Harbaugh will make Michigan the most feared team in the B1G again, give him a few seasons.

That is what winners do.
    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• MSU is considerably better on paper, but the chance to play against the best coach in the universe should be very exciting. Great opportunity to spoil M's undefeated season.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "Coach will you come visit me before they give me the electric chair?
        I mean, I really needed your help when I was shooting kids on campus at Florida and you chose instead to ignore all the warning signs?!?"

Last edited by Prime2; May 6, 2015, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Your asshurt is on full display.

Comment

• Men of the North live by a higher standard.

"So long, farewell
            Auf Wiedersehen, adieu
            Adieu, adieu
            To you and you and you"

Comment

• MSU should be pretty good but I think I can count how many victories I've seen against OSU on one hand. This will be the best OSU team I've seen and its at the horseshoe. That will be a tough one.

Comment

• Agree it's not likely however...

MSU is a legit top 10 team, they should be able to play with anyone on their schedule. Even Oregon who has a new QB this season I can see Sparty beating. MSU isn't without holes but they aren't plugging in a brand new QB like Oregon.

Comment

• I can see Sparty easily beating Oregon. Mariota made that team tick. Their O-line performance wasn't what it was the previous year.

Comment

• I don't expect a walkover in Columbus against MSU. Michigan State's schedule will get them into a nice rhythm of tough games every couple weeks or so. Oregon. @M. @UNL. Then @Ohio State. OSU's schedule is, ummm, "unchallenging" after the opener in Blacksburg. Home games against PSU and the Goofer represent their toughest tests.

Of course, to repeat that means they'll have to win the following five games in a row: vs MSU; @M; B10CG; CFP Semi; CFP Final.

Anyway, I really like Cook. I assume they'll be fine at RB in replacing Langford. WR is maybe a bit of question mark. Defensively, the question is how important was Narduzzi. Personally, I give the bulk of the credit to Dantonio for the team and he certainly understands and can coach defense. So, I think they'll be fine.

I also think they'll beat Oregon. The game last season got away from them in the 4th quarter, but was dead even for three quarters. Oregon will still have a great offense, but losing Mariotta is a big deal. What will be most interesting for me in that game is how MSU handles speed/playmakers in space. If Oregon's playmakers can whip MSU's manball 1v1 defensive approach, then I'll feel really good about OSU's ability to do so.

Comment

• I am not going to predict it outright, but I could see Oregon dropping off significantly. When I watched them last year it was Mariota, Mariota, and more Mariota. They didn't do as many nuts-and-bolts things right as I had seen them do in previous years.

Comment

• Buchanan:

I don't think Ramzy's piece was mocking M or selling short "The Game." I think his point was that the week before "The Game" is almost always a true undercard. This season the game is against what appears to be the best team on OSU's schedule.

I also don't think he sees "The Game" as a minor bump in the road -- cautioning that M coaches almost always win their first game against OSU (RichGOD excepted). It's far more a piece on how MSU has emerged as a legitimate player in the B10 and how OSU-MSU have a little rivalry going.

Like it or not, Dantonio's program is about to go fetal and melt away in the face of HARBAUGH!!!!

Comment

• I am not going to predict it outright, but I could see Oregon dropping off significantly. When I watched them last year it was Mariota, Mariota, and more Mariota. They didn't do as many nuts-and-bolts things right as I had seen them do in previous years.
                          I think they had at least their top 2 WRs out and maybe their top 3. They were definitely banged up at the skill positions. In the CFP championship I didn't think they had anyone on the field that scared Ohio State. I assume that will not be the case in EL, but their will be a drop off in QB play.

Ohio State beat them for a host of reasons, some of which MSU can replicate. Defensively, they won the LoS with 3 and 4 man fronts. MSU probably doesn't have the talent that OSU had up front, but I do really like their DL. In the back 7, Darron Lee is the prototypical spread defender. He is fantastic. I could show you back-to-back plays against Oregon that he made that are just f'n badass. Incidentally, my guess is that's what Peppers will be. Anyway, I'm not sure what MSU has in way of the hybrid defender. They still should be good in the back 7.

Offensively, Cardale Jones and speed outside held Oregon's safeties back and the OL and Elliot mauled the even numbers matchup in the box. Cook can do that. Not sure what their WR speed looks like, though. And not sure how the more conventional running game will work -- OSU used its speed as constraints, something MSU won't really do.

Comment

• You want smoking gun culpability?

How does a 23 -year old that has played 3 career games, majoring in "sign language", illegitimate child & its mother to support all on a athletic scholarship do it?

I'm no forensic accountant so I opened my AT&T bill instead, the I6+ customization actually costs $850 amortized over a 24 month contract+monthly plan+tax runs a cool $5 650.00.

How can a student with all his extra baggage expenses legitimately afford this luxury?

"12 Gauge"? Really? Meyer, do the bodies need to start stacking up here too? Let the investigation begin!

Last edited by Prime2; May 7, 2015, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Wow. I didn't realize how far off the deep end UFM has driven you. Ouch. It's ok, OP, your boys will soon return to the glory days of 9-3.

Comment

• BTW Talent, you speak ebonics, what the hell is this supposed to mean? Free Hookup?

Cardale Jones @CJ12_
                                "It's levels to this swagg ish"
                                10:35 AM - 5 May 2015

No SI ghost writers to clean that shit up.
                                Last edited by Prime2; May 7, 2015, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X