Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought M was the school desperate for QBs? Well, gathering from your posts about hood rats, ghettos and such, I suppose you're not a fan of African American QBs at M and are well-pleased with Jake Ruduck.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• ???

Yeah you are right, Robinson and Gardner were Lillywhite.

While it is true I will never be accused of being Malik Shabazz, head of the Marcus Garvey Movement/New Black Panther Movement..... but I must say that is some special power you have, discerning citizenship based on skin color?

As for Rudock, a 1 season stopgap, nothing more.

CJz makes of mockery of everything a student-athlete on scholarship is supposed to stand for and he
      is Meyer's problem.

When you pander to the dregs of society, more often than not, it will bite you in the ass. Let the investigations & Circus begin!
      Last edited by Prime2; May 10, 2015, 10:52 AM.
      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Carry on with your "hood rats" "ghetto" "dregs of society" schtick. It would be more honest if you were direct instead of using thinly veiled coded words. But, whatever. This is the time of the year when you from a bad poster to truly awful poster.

Comment

• If the measure of quality posting consists of your 13- year Bucknut montage/Infomercial, I will take that as a compliment.

Does your head and DSL's simultaneously fit up Urban Meyer's ass or do you take turns?

Comment

• DSL , where have you been? Thought you were perhaps put on IR after a Game of Thrones viewing party went awry.

Last edited by Prime2; May 12, 2015, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Urbie if you are out of intensive care, you might want to wheel your ass over to the cancer wing and apologize the young man battling for his life and give him a rematch, this time do the right thing.

Makes you wonder, who is the actual kid? CJz probably took his wallet too.

Last edited by Prime2; May 13, 2015, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• Way too early Mel Kiper Big Board for 2016:

1) Joseph Bosa
                14) Taylor Decker
                16) Darron Lee
                19) Ezekiel Elliott
                25) Cardale Jones
                26) Vonn Bell

Conklin, Cook and Calhoun are also in his top 29, which I guess is the number for the first round next year with the Pats getting rightfully bitch-slapped.

Anywho, if UFM and his staff with virtually zero NFL experience can do that, imagine what NFL MACHINE INC will be able to do!

Comment

• Dantonio's recruiting pitch is he's selling results, that means the first round picks. Imagine if you had 6 first round picks in one draft to sell.

Comment

• Well, Fruit, results are just objective facts that have little meaning, if any, in this world. Except to con unsuspecting teenagers.

As for Ohio State, I'm not sure who will go in the first round (barring injuries, etc.) Bosa is a lock. I think Decker will get there. Elliot should be the best RB in the class, so that's probably end of round 1. Lee, Jones and Bell are wildcards. If Lee continues on his trajectory he'll be a top 15 pick. I think you absolutely need a player like him on your defense -- even in the NFL. I really like Vonn Bell. He came on big last season. But there's a lot of Buckeye shade on that analysis. He still has lots to prove. Cardale Jones may not even start. He certainly has NFL tools, but whether he can build on his highly improbable 3 game run remains to be seen and, IMO, is less certain than Vonn Bell's development.

Then there are others who could emerge. Michael Thomas is probably at the top of the list of ?"under-the-radar" guys who could have a breakout season and work their way into the first round. Less likely is someone like Eli Apple (remote would be my assessment).

Regardless, it's a fantastically talented team. UFM's first full class -- his class of 2013 -- will go down as one of the the best of all-time at OSU.

As for MSU, I'm a little non-plussed by Dantonio upping the talent level. He got a diamond in the rough with Cook and is riding his emergence mid-way through 2013 to, as you put it, results. Really good results. They're never going to out-talent Ohio State under UFM, but it seems like they're going to be good enough that OSU will have to show up and play a strong game to win. With Penn State making big strides in that direction and, of course, HARBAUGH!!!!, that's three pain-in-the-ass games every year for OSU. Bah.

Comment

• You like Cook more than I do. But apparently I'm in a small minority.

I will look forward to MSU/OSU as it becomes more of a rivalry. Its not really been a rivalry so very few upsets have occured. Its been pretty much whoever has the most talent wins. Its unlike a OSU/Michigan or MSU/Michigan game where you can throw out the record books.

Comment

• And, of course, Ohio State has almost always had the most talent! Of course, 1998 sucked, though.

Re OSU-M, the favorite wins that game at a very high percentage and one that, I would guess, doesn't deviate from a normal predicted results. The underdog has won in 2004, 2001, 1996, 1995, 1994 and 1987 going back to Earle Bruce's final season. I'm fairly sure M was a very slight favorite in 1994 and they were a slight favorite in 1993 despite OSU entering 9-0-1.

Comment

• I guess my impression is formed from the Cooper years. You guys had more NFL talent and it didn't translate into wins.

Comment

• The Cooper years include 5 years of Coop getting on his feet when M was far and away better. His 0-4-1 start should have been 0-5. The 1993 team was not as good as its record and the M team, injured for a ton of games, was not as bad as its record. 1995 and 1996 are the two big upsets in the Coop Era. I think his teams were underdogs in 10 of his 13 games.

Comment

• Instead, maybe that young man battling for his life should challenge Cardalez Jonez to a spelling bee.
                              Last edited by Prime2; May 14, 2015, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• In addition to the staggering NFL talent on the 2015 Ohio State team -- it's possible there are 10-15 first round picks on the roster! -- it's also a good time to recap UFM's staggering numbers as he is set to turn the ripe old age of 51 in July:

He is 142-26 and has won 3 national championships in the BCS-CFP Era. Almost fanciful.

* He has led 3 different teams to top 5 finishes
                                * He has finished in the top 4 in 6 of his 12 seasons
                                * He has finished in the top 4 in 6 of his 10 seasons at non-MAC schools
                                * His 3 national titles are more than M has won in the poll era...since they began awarding them contemporaneously...that's 80 years for those counting at home.
                                * He has won his conference or division in 8 of this 12 seasons
                                * He has not lost a regular season B10 game....EVER....24 in a row and counting.

What will season 13 bring? Another booming recruiting class? Another dominant B10 Team? More trophies? Perhaps a Heisman winner? I don't know, but man, I can't wait to find out!

Comment

Working...
                                X