Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does a kid like that end up at Iowa?

Comment

• He has some sort of huge family ties (or something else) to Iowa. Everything I've read makes it seem like he's an Iowa lock. However, he's so good that everyone will still make a run at him.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The perceived weakest link in NFL Machine Inc.'s armor is its passing coordinator, LMAO.

Now Tressel did enter Jim Irsay's boardroom loaded for bear and with a pocket full of cubic zirconia but instead of landing the HC job, he was shown the broom closet instead.

That had to have been the most crushing of all reality checks for a coach.

That is not to say that some good coaches have come out of Ohio,....Jim & John Harbaugh & Don Shula but I until you have had your mettle tested in the NFL, you are still an amateur wannabe and that certainly holds true with the current OSU boys.
        "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Of course, Bo was an Ohio boy who never tested his mettle in the NFL which, apparently, makes him an amateur wannabe. The list of great Ohio coaches is impressive: Paul Brown, Don Shula, Chuck Noll, Woody Hayes, Bo Schembechler, Ara Parseghian, Lou Holtz, Jim Tressel, Urban Meyer, Lester Miles, Don James, Bob Stoops, John Harbaugh and Jim Harbaugh. Of course, of that group the only coaches not to win either a Super Bowl/NFL Title or a National Championship are Bo and Jimmy. Go figure. LOL.

Anywho, if JH can win the NFL after going 29-21 in FBS-level football, well, I reckon almost anyone can win the NFL. Like Jim Fassell. Lovie Smith. Mike Martz. John Fox. Jim Harbaugh.

National Championships for UFM in the past 9 years: 3
          National Championships for Michigan in the entire Poll Era (79 years): 1.5

As you said, "[i]f in the end if it only meant trading Tressel for Meyer (best coach in the game) the Big Ten is gonna take a beating!"
          Last edited by iam416; June 9, 2015, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• The weird thing is I get the sense that OP is really vested into this NFL thing. It's nice and all but the history of NFL coaches in college is more bad than good.

Comment

• Nah

Comment

• I'm glad that our staff is at least willing to get their hands dirty. Wish it wasn't on paper though so that they can be humliated by it ala Mike Hart's "little brother" comment, the stake in the turf, and the skywriting.

Comment

• ........ and RR's crying, praising of Josh Grobin, fuzzy puppet animals in the face on his watch and Hoke's interminable apologizing, esp. to Dantonio after MSU stomped Hoke's team into the dust and starting every response with "well......"

Good God, the last ten years have been just AWFUL. And that's a long time at my age.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• All of that is behind us, Jeff.

[ame]https://youtu.be/d-diB65scQU[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      He has some sort of huge family ties (or something else) to Iowa. Everything I've read makes it seem like he's an Iowa lock. However, he's so good that everyone will still make a run at him.
                      I've seen before, but can't find it now, that it was his father who played at Iowa.

Comment

• OP's right about Tressel. Here's a picture of him in action during his cup of coffee in the majors:

Comment

• Infinite Jest from Ramzy at 11W: http://www.elevenwarriors.com/colleg...state-buckeyes

Love the reference to "Centuries" as a "queefcore anthem" and

M's "General Studies" mascot

and Purdue's fight song "Hurt" -- "capturing the true spirit of West Lafayette and boundless energy of Northwest Indiana like no other B1G song outside of Buckeye Battle Cry."

Queefwagon has made it into my vernacular and now queefcore definitely has its place

Comment

• General Studies:

Comment

• They posted the wrong version of Hurt, the Johnny Cash version gets the essence of West Lafayette much better.

Comment

• OSU announces Tressell to be inducted into the OSU Hall of Fame. Some schools have no shame.

Comment

Working...
                                X