Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't change the fact that he had a few screws loose.

At any rate, did you hear Jim Tressel was forced to resign in disgrace just like Woody? It's all over the news. osu is a laughingstock.

You're making quite a habit of being in denial.
    Last edited by Mike; May 30, 2011, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Doesn't change the fact that he had a few screws loose.

At any rate, did you hear Jim Tressel was forced to resign in disgrace just like Woody? It's all over the news. osu is a laughingstock.
      Kind of gives you hope that Michigan might actually beat OSU again sometime in the next decade, eh Mike?

Oops, I forgot. You don't care whether you win or lose, just so long as your boys graduate with honors (worst APR in the Big10, btw) then everything is kosher in Ann Arbor.

Comment

• Oh, we'll get back to beating osu again in due time. Of that there is no doubt. First, the Tressel era gets tagged with a huge asterisk as the world now knows what a lying, cheating, fraud he was at osu. It's tough for a team of ametuers to beat a pro team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Oh, we'll get back to beating osu again in due time. Of that there is no doubt. First, the Tressel era gets tagged with a huge asterisk as the world now knows what a lying, cheating, fraud he was at osu. It's tough for a team of ametuers to beat a pro team.
          Most of the Big10 must have been cheating the past 3 years then if Michigan's results are any proof

Comment

• And despite all that he remains the greatest coach in Big10 history.
            Actually, I'd nominate a few others before Woody.

Fritz Crisler basically introduced Football to the Big Ten. As did Fielding Yost.

Duffy Daugherty was a great coach, who probably deserves more credit than he gets.

Bennie Oosterban had some great teams.

Ohio State had Woody Hayes and Jim Tressel.

wow.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              Actually, I'd nominate a few others before Woody.

Fritz Crisler basically introduced Football to the Big Ten. As did Fielding Yost.

Duffy Daugherty was a great coach, who probably deserves more credit than he gets.

Bennie Oosterban had some great teams.

Ohio State had Woody Hayes and Jim Tressel.

wow.
              Michigan didn't play in the Big Ten for almost half of Yost's tenure and his best years were before the 1905 reforms.

Crisler was good but was only around a decade.

Oosterbaan led Michigan on a slow decline...I wouldn't even say he was as good as Hayden Fry, let alone Woody Hayes.

Duffy Daughterty was good but again, not as good as Woody and in his last years the program had fallen.

I'd nominate Amos Alonzo Stagg and Bernie Bierman ahead of everyone you mentioned except for maybe Yost

Comment

• Just think, now people in Columbus bars can have fights about who disgraced OSU more, Woody or Tressel?

Comment

• Fine.

And you're left with Jim Tressel an admitted liar and cheater, and Woody Hayes, a senile old man who didn't know when to quit.

You shoulda kept Earle Bruce.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Not sure what is will come Tuesday? "Cars, Cash & Courtesans"...what the hell is left? OSU is a program that knows no shame. Told yah he get fired or resign.
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• The Columbus Dispatch now reporting that QB Terrelle Pryor is being investigated by the NCAA

Comment

• And a few blogs saying he's done at OSU. Getting better and better.

Comment

• Kind of already suspected he was done at OSU once the resignation took place. Those 5 guys will be hated, particularly Pryor

Comment

• LOL, just part of the master plan, huh? Status quo. Homers. Fucking hilarious.

Comment

• Tressel KIA on Memorial Day, although he "resigned" make no mistake he was fired, Gee & Smith are next.

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• If this same stuff hadn't gone on at YSU, I'd be more inclined to blame it on the players. OSU fans may try to point fingers at the players, but it seems like something that went on for such a long time and at multiple places has only one common denominator: Tressel.

Comment

Working...
                                X