Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
    Um, you DO know this is the NCAA you are talking about right? Hypocricy is their middle name. I mean, Bryant is suspended a year for lying to an NCAA investigator even though he didn't do anything wrong, yet Cam Newton is allowed to play after his father solicited hundreds of thousands for his services.

They have shown no consistency in the past or even any kind of desire to seem consistent. So who knows what hill happen here?

I just said it will be tough, not that they won't do it.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Wow. The Detroit Free Press rips a team without the name "Wolverines" attached to their name...

http://www.freep.com/article/20110309/COL08/110309033/Drew-Sharp-Jim-Tressel-cheated-NCAA-won-t-care?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The Columbus Dispatch

The lawyer who sent e-mails to coach Jim Tressel has a checkered history as a lawyer.

(What timing, I would like to hear The Talents take)

Comment

• Brady Hoke: "Jim Tressel is a good man and a doggone good coach"

Last edited by Rob F; March 9, 2011, 07:25 PM. Reason: oops---I hit edit instead of quote-Rob

Comment

• No real need for Hoke to pile on when the man is sinking just fine on his own.

Comment

• Is Brady Hoke a liar?

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                The Columbus Dispatch

The lawyer who sent e-mails to coach Jim Tressel has a checkered history as a lawyer.

(What timing, I would like to hear The Talents take)

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...s.html?sid=101

...the most "checkered" part, of course, being that he is/was a part of the evil empire a former buckeye football player

Comment

• I hope the NCAA takes away tosu only bowl win vs the SEC, then again it pretty much is tainted even more as ever now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Brady Hoke: "Jim Tressel is a good man and a doggone good coach"

http://www.freep.com/article/2011030...ssel-good-man-
                    Of more importance to me as a Michigan fan is the little "note" at the end of that Freep article:

Note: The coaches confirmed two position changes: Will Campbell is back at defensive tackle and Steve Watson is back at tight end.

As was speculated on one of our tri-forums recently, this is our confirmation of Campbell being moved back to the D-Line. With better coaching, maybe his career CAN be salvaged.

I don't know much about Watson, though----can someone more in-the-know shed some light?

Comment

• I assume Mattison is doing ok after his surgery, some Facebook trolls have spread nasty rumors about his health since his accident. Its also the same place I first heard it (before the news) and thought it was BS.

Comment

• LOL @ ``doggone''.

``Gee, Ms. Coleman -- that's lovely pant suit you're wearing today...''

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Is Brady Hoke a liar?
                          No, Brady Hoke is a smart man to know that when your opponent is already sinking due to a self-inflicted wound, there is nothing to be gained by taking additional pot-shots at them.

It's no different than Tressel saying all those good things about Rich Rod right before the end.

Comment

• I have been reading posts that refer to the vest as the senator. Well this osu alum refers to the vest as a car salesman.

A few months ago, when the controversy over Ohio State players selling memorabilia blew up, something didn't seem right to me. I wasn't sure exactly what it was, but I did make the comment (prompted by Jim Tressel's claim that all the players were returning in 2011) that: "Sometimes (Tressel) really reminds me of a car salesman, or at least an SEC coach." What I meant, and have stated in the past, is that I don't trust most of what Tressel says to the press, and since that's the only way I know him, basically I don't trust him all that much.

Comment

• We're going to see a lot of different takes on tressel's character, motivation behind his decisions in this matter and how the osu administration is dealing with the current crisis.

Paul Finebaum characterized the osu debacle as a disaster for osu football. I thiink as time goes by - days not months - ohioans will begin to rationalize what tressel did and how he has acted. That is because, basically, Brady Hoke is right about tressel .... he is essentially a good man, maybe a bit like Nixon or Swaggart but better. Neither of those dudes ever thought they did anything wrong.

Despite Rich Rodriguez's obvious faults in managing M's football program, he was, basically, a genuinely good guy. Many, including myself, defended Rodriguez right up until he was fired. I suspect tressel will get the same treatment ..... right up until his firing and I have no doubt he will be fired. Gee and Smith will have no choice.

To this point, in their public comments, both of them have looked like absolute idiots in their support of jim tressel. That is not going to cut it both in the eyes of the public and the NCAA. tressel may have been trying to protect a federal investigation, he may have been trying to deal with the matter in a way he felt protected his players and the school. I don't know but whatever he says in defense of his actions is not, by any stretch of the imagination, going to exonerate his conduct .... something Richard Nixon never came to grips with and jim tressel may not either.

Whatever comes of this, it is going to be damaging to college football and the B10. Whatever glee we take in extracting our pound of flesh at the moment from those cheating bastards from ohio state is going to be diminished by the damage done to our conference, The Game and to a team that, while I despise it, I would rather seen it, at full strength, utterly destroyed on the playing field by a resurgent Michigan football program.

What we are likely going to see going forward, if the NCAA has only one ball in its sack, is a team that is only a shell of its former greatness (albeit achieved dishonestly) in disarray for a good while. Like Michigan at its lowest point being thrashed by the buckeyes (and most every team in the B10 save IU), we are likely to see most teams thrashing the bucks and taking a lot of pleasure in delivering deadly blows to a team already down and out.

In truth, I'm going to enjoy that .... only because it is my duty to do so. But I'm not sure my heart will be in it much like talent's wasn't in it for the repeated beatings the bucks delivered on M over the last decade. The inimical laws of nature tend to wards a state of equilibrium. No matter the state of imbalance equilibrium seems to return only to be challenged by the uncertainly associated with entropy. Not that Entropy!
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• A good man? Come on, now.

I sympathize with the notion that revenge is best carried out on the field. That is no longer an option, however. What must be remembered is that we have less reason to seek revenge. Tattoo U didn't beat us fair and square and has nothing to be proud of. Conversely we have less to be ashamed of.
                                Last edited by hack; March 9, 2011, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X