No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I really don't care if they change the OT rules or not. As was mentioned during the game yesterday, in KC's first Mahomes year, they were moving the ball up and down the field on NE in the 4th, and it was an obvious situation where the whoever wins the coin toss wins the game, and Brady got lucky and won the toss and they scored. It goes the other way, that's one less ring. But thems the breaks.

In that game, btw, NE was the sligthly better team, too.
    Last edited by iam416; January 24, 2022, 09:29 AM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That was another classic. I really like this budding rivalry between Buffalo and KC, too. Expect them to get a prime time match-up next year. If Buffalo takes the next step and gets that game at home, it might put them over the top. They were my early season Super Bowl pick and them and KC were the two best remaining teams, IMO. I have KC over LA in the Super Bowl now but would LOVE to see Cincy-SF.

Comment

• I just think a true tiebreaker involves both offense and defense. KC's defense got to stand on the sideline and wait for the celebration. They should have had to be huddled around their DC to figure out how they were going to stop Buffalo after Mahomes performed his magic.

Same with NE vs KC in the SB. Brady was great, but Bilicheck should have been concerned whether his defense could withstand one more Mahomes drive.

Bah. I don't have a dog in this fight. If the NFL wants to go on with its silly rules, its no skin off my nose. They're almost as bad as the NCAA when it comes to 'rules'.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          That was another classic. I really like this budding rivalry between Buffalo and KC, too. Expect them to get a prime time match-up next year. If Buffalo takes the next step and gets that game at home, it might put them over the top. They were my early season Super Bowl pick and them and KC were the two best remaining teams, IMO. I have KC over LA in the Super Bowl now but would LOVE to see Cincy-SF.
          Fuck Cincitucky straight to hell. You've been talking lots of sense, but that bullshit is enough to undo all that good work. Goddamn fucking idiot you are.

Comment

That was another classic. I really like this budding rivalry between Buffalo and KC, too. Expect them to get a prime time match-up next year. If Buffalo takes the next step and gets that game at home, it might put them over the top. They were my early season Super Bowl pick and them and KC were the two best remaining teams, IMO. I have KC over LA in the Super Bowl now but would LOVE to see Cincy-SF.
            Without the GOAT the SB is just another football game. I might tune in for about a quarter.

So this week's games are:

Stafford vs Garropolo

- and -

Mahomes vs Burrow.

wow

Comment

• Yeah, that is just nostalgia for the past. Stafford was clearly the better quarterback yesterday. Brady had a good run, but he can't beat Stafford.

Comment

• This was like a good old fashioned B12 shootout...like a 66-59 Texas Tech- OU shootout.

I'd rather see a 17-14 slobberknocker.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Without the GOAT the SB is just another football game. I might tune in for about a quarter.
                  Really? It won't have Rodgers, the Steelers or the Cowboys, either. There will be no stupid swansong retirement parties

It will be great!

Comment

• Is Liney really "ho-humming" Mahomes vs Burrow? I get that Jimmy G is meh (Stafford is good), so that QB matchup is ok, but them DLs gonna ball out. That'll be fun to watch.

And Mahomes vs Burrow is great. They just played a really entertaining regular season game a few weeks ago.

If you like the NFL, then Cincinnati-KC is pretty enticing. I mean it should be waaaaay better than the NE-Rams SB where the Pats rode their defense and Goff's incompetence to an electric 13-3 win.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

So this week's games are:

Stafford vs Garropolo

- and -

Mahomes vs Burrow.

wow
                      Mahomes vs. Burrow has all kinds of juice, IMO. I can't wait for these games. NFC is a divisional rivalry and while the AFC game probably won't be that interesting, the arc of the Bengals, detestable as they may be, is something to keep an eye on.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                        This was like a good old fashioned B12 shootout...like a 66-59 Texas Tech- OU shootout.

I'd rather see a 17-14 slobberknocker.
                        I'm with you. I like tough defensive football games. But, the rules favor offense, and lots of it.

I believe when you have a tie game at the end, that both teams earned the tie. Both teams should have a chance to continue the game. Allen deserved to play on just as much as Mahomes did... IMO.

Comment

• Mahomes is going to roll Cincy. That game will be over at halftime. All the juice will be among the sports media. On the field, its going to be all Mahomes.

Comment

• Cincinnati will score. If they get a few breaks and win the TO battle then they have a real chance. Burrow and Chase are real deal players. It makes me fucking sick, but they are.

I watched the same game in Week 17 because a Bengals loss meant the Stillers, and their utter shitasticness, could somehow steal the North division. The Bengals took KC's best shot, rallied in the 2nd half and won the game on an extremely improbable FG. I mean, it was a total fucking bullshit drive for so, so many reasons, but they won. https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401326571

If you haven't watched Burrow and Chase play, then you're missing out. Well, if you like the NFL.

Comment

• Speaking of the Bengals, some announcer a few weeks ago won my kids over with his "Chase is on the case!" call of a long TD. Now they're dialed into Jamaar Chase and Joe Burrow and get all excited whenever they connect on a long TD. If I'm doing some crap around the house one of them will come running "You gotta see this! You gotta see this!"

Comment

Speaking of the Bengals, some announcer a few weeks ago won my kids over with his "Chase is on the case!" call of a long TD. Now they're dialed into Jamaar Chase and Joe Burrow and get all excited whenever they connect on a long TD. If I'm doing some crap around the house one of them will come running "You gotta see this! You gotta see this!"
                                Chase is a badass. 18.0 ypc.. 18.

And, oh btw, 266 yards and 3 TDs against the KC secondary.

Comment

Working...
                                X