Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    NOTHING will ever change with the Michigan Wolverines until the FANS stop going to the games, and stop tuning in on TV.

Dave Brandon and the university's overall leadership understand ONE thing, and ONE thing only. Money. When that starts to dry up, it will at least get their attention. After that, you have to hope that they are smart enough to put sound football people in place to run his football team...
    FIFY.

Comment

• Re the Lions though, post Russ Thomas they'll spend. They are just awful at everything else. Everybody knew Fontes was a guy that needed to go. That was a circus, not a football team. Everybody knew Millen shouldn't have lasted past his first contract. Heck, who else was going to hire him right out of the broadcast booth and give him that much freedom? Now, it seems everybody knows Schwartz was the right guy to turn it around and get it going in the right direction, but isn't the guy to turn this from a scrappy bunch of upstarts into a disciplined team that gets the most out of its talent. The Lions have simply got to learn how to put the right front-office pieces in place.

Comment

• Brandon, on the other hand, would conclude that we need a stuffed head mascot and a new logo on the souvenir cups.

Comment

• Fontes wasn't too bad. He is still the only Lions coach since the first Super Bowl to win a playoff game.

Comment

• That's how ridiculous that franchise is. The one playoff victory in 56 years came under a complete boob who never got a job again when he was finally fired.

Comment

• To be fair to Fontes, there's never been a head coach in Lions history who got another head coaching gig in the NFL.

Comment

• Another wonderfully telling fact about the Fords and who/how/why they hire.

Comment

• Somewhere in Florida, Wayne Fontes is sitting in his rocking chair, bouncing his grandkids on his lap, and smiling.

He's the only NFL coach that Barry Sanders wanted to play for.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Fontes was an above average coach who, unfortunately, couldn't get over the hump because IMHO he relied too much on what I call the "Michigan State" factor to win. He was an emotional, players' coach who played up the underdog role and that is why the Lions were so unpredictable. It is a good formula for taking a moderately talented team into the playoffs and losing in the first round.

Comment

• and he worked cheap .. which is right up WCF's alley

Comment

• I don't know why you keep saying that. It's not true.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          and he worked cheap .. which is right up WCF's alley
                          Was he not the guy that sued the leos for going insane?

Comment

• Browns trade Richardson for a first round draft pick...rebuilding for the future already!!!!

Comment

• I don't know why you keep saying that. It's not true.
                              You're right. I humbly apologize for calling WCF cheap. His folly in hiring and paying Matt Millen shows that he's not shy about throwing money down the toilet.

My bad.

Comment

• Exactly, now you got it. He's never been cheap with his money, just stupid with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X