No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he's eclipsed Michael Jordan's pro-sports Championship appearances and wins. I don't follow other sports as closely as some do here but from my limited perspective, greatest of all-time in any sport is probably Tom Brady, recency bias not-withstanding.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I suppose you could say that Jordan's championships were more difficult to win. They have an 82 game regular season, and playoffs that go what, 4-5 rounds? An argument could be made that basketball is more physically taxing, and therefore more difficult to win. But Jordan didn't have 280 lb DL's coming after him on every play either. In fact, the NBA changed the rules right before Jordan's run, to take a lot of the physicality out of the game. (They hated the Bad Boy Pistons)

But when the discussion is strictly football, the discussion is over. Tom Brady is the best QB to ever play the game. The end. Other QB's may have more yards, more TD passes, etc. Brady has the hardware. And its really not degrading other great QB's to acknowledge what Brady has done. Drew Brees is a great QB. Archie Manning was a great QB. So was Brett Favre. Aaron Rodgers is a great QB, and was voted MVP this year. They are great in their own ways. Brady is the best. Proven.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah, it's tough to argue across sports. I would say a great basketball player can make a bigger difference to his team than a great football player, even a QB generally. But there's really no argument anymore against him being the best QB of all time.

That said I wish the actual game had been better. The Chiefs sucked balls and the refs got too involved.

Comment

• I watched the game and was cheering again for Brady. There is really no debate he is the best QB of all time, he doesn't throw the hardest, run the fastest, or built like Joe Milton. Just wins like nobody ever has in the NFL, he has more SB wins than any other 'team' - Pittsburgh and New England have 6. A surgeon who knows what he has to do, I like comparing him to one of my favorite MLB pitchers Greg Maddux as far as being great at what he does and not being a great athlete. Maddux deserved better in the Championship department, but that's another debate.

Comment

• The best analogy for Brady vs. Jordan is that Brady winning a SB in Tampa at age 43 would have been like Jordan winning a championship with the Wizards. Instead, the Wizards sucked ass and Jordan looked washed up. Brady winning big at this stage of his career is that sets him apart from all the others. The guy has now won four Super Bowls (and lost another) since he turned 37. That's insane. His career playoff record is 34-11. He just threw for 40 TDs in the regular season and another 10 in the playoffs. Outside of a bad injury he probably still has 2 or 3 good years left in him. And, BTW, that Tampa team is pretty damn good on both sides of the ball. Don't be surprised if he adds another SB or two to his resume.

Comment

• I don't think you can cross sports for G.O.A.T. determination.

Football - Tom Brady
              Basketball- MJ
              Baseball - Willie Mays
              Hockey - Gretzky
              Forum Board Posting - THE_WIZARD_

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                The best analogy for Brady vs. Jordan is that Brady winning a SB in Tampa at age 43 would have been like Jordan winning a championship with the Wizards. Instead, the Wizards sucked ass and Jordan looked washed up. Brady winning big at this stage of his career is that sets him apart from all the others. The guy has now won four Super Bowls (and lost another) since he turned 37. That's insane. His career playoff record is 34-11. He just threw for 40 TDs in the regular season and another 10 in the playoffs. Outside of a bad injury he probably still has 2 or 3 good years left in him. And, BTW, that Tampa team is pretty damn good on both sides of the ball. Don't be surprised if he adds another SB or two to his resume.
                I haven't verified the stat but I saw something last night claiming over 11% of all the touchdowns scored in Super Bowl history were passes from Brady.

Comment

• I think Trent Dilfer is in the conversation somewhere...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• He’s played in 18% of all Super Bowls to date. Or HALF of them since 2001.

Comment

• B&B.jpg
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Brady - Mahomes.jpg

Comment

• Comment

• chiefs didn't stand a chance with that o line of theirs

they didn't stand a chance against the zebras either

I could see a rematch in 2022

best commercial was before the game even started--marshawns lynchs poem

Comment

• fuckin' refs
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Attached Files
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X