X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• E-JAH_kXEAUY5HW?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• lol ... the Bama guy wins the job over a Auburn guy ...
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Chicago Bears buy a racetrack way out in the burbs as a possible eventual replacement for Soldier Field. Arlington Heights is a pretty good ways from downtown Chicago, probably not too different from when the Lions were playing in Pontiac though.

The Chicago Bears have signed an agreement to purchase Arlington Park, a spokesperson for Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Tuesday night.

Comment

• Now they can leverage each municipality for the most free public money as possible.

Comment

• I was thinking that those spaceship renovations they added to Soldier Field were pretty recent but it's already been almost 20 years. Rumor is they want a new stadium on par with the pleasure palace built in LA.

Comment

• I didn't realize it has been that long either. Not only is the spaceship an abomination, it also has the least seating capacity of any stadium in the NFL. They've definitely set the stage for a bidding war for a new stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Chicago Bears buy a racetrack way out in the burbs as a possible eventual replacement for Soldier Field. Arlington Heights is a pretty good ways from downtown Chicago, probably not too different from when the Lions were playing in Pontiac though.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-bear...ghts/11058867/
                  Kinda like the Dallas Cowboys playing in Arlington.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• STFU
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Chicago Bears buy a racetrack way out in the burbs as a possible eventual replacement for Soldier Field. Arlington Heights is a pretty good ways from downtown Chicago, probably not too different from when the Lions were playing in Pontiac though.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-bear...ghts/11058867/
                      There were "only a few things wrong" with the Lions playing at the Silverdome in Pontiac.

First, it had a seating capacity of 80,000. It was too difficult for the Lions to sell out consistently, and therefore grab local tv advertising dollars. Fans wanted a winning team, but the Fords do not. Ford Field has a seating capacity of around 65,000 .. making it easier to sell out and get more advertising dollars.

Secondly, it was in a great location, with plenty of on site parking. It was built right next to I-75 with easy on and off access. Ford Field is on the east side of Woodward, with very little inexpensive parking, and its very difficult to get to.

Third, the Silverdome was one of the loudest venues in the NFL when it was full. Ford Field barely moves the needle even when its full.

The Ford Family doesn't care about winning. The Lions are among the most profitable organizations in the NFL, per capita. For some reason, they have faithful fans that still believe in them, and buy the tickets, memoribilia, and $20.00 beers. The Ford's say "thank you" and pocket the profits. They are running a highly profitable business, with a fan base that gives them no pressure to win. If they were to dedicate themselves to winning like the Patriots or the Rams, .. they'd have to dip into those profits, and bring in people that actually have had success, and surround good players with good players. They have never done that. They didn't do it for Barry Sanders or Billy Sims. They had Megatron, but failed to build a championship contender around him. They choose to make profits rather than compete for championships.

/// Lions rant ..

Comment

• Are the Lions still in the NFL?
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          Are the Lions still in the NFL?
                          I know, hard to believe, isn't it?

They have a bunch of guys that put on uniforms, then go out and get their butts beaten. The lose in the most mind-numbing stupid ways, and the fans seem to love it.

Comment

• Oh yeah...them. Sounds like the Huskers.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

There were "only a few things wrong" with the Lions playing at the Silverdome in Pontiac.

First, it had a seating capacity of 80,000. It was too difficult for the Lions to sell out consistently, and therefore grab local tv advertising dollars. Fans wanted a winning team, but the Fords do not. Ford Field has a seating capacity of around 65,000 .. making it easier to sell out and get more advertising dollars.

Secondly, it was in a great location, with plenty of on site parking. It was built right next to I-75 with easy on and off access. Ford Field is on the east side of Woodward, with very little inexpensive parking, and its very difficult to get to.

Third, the Silverdome was one of the loudest venues in the NFL when it was full. Ford Field barely moves the needle even when its full.

The Ford Family doesn't care about winning. The Lions are among the most profitable organizations in the NFL, per capita. For some reason, they have faithful fans that still believe in them, and buy the tickets, memoribilia, and $20.00 beers. The Ford's say "thank you" and pocket the profits. They are running a highly profitable business, with a fan base that gives them no pressure to win. If they were to dedicate themselves to winning like the Patriots or the Rams, .. they'd have to dip into those profits, and bring in people that actually have had success, and surround good players with good players. They have never done that. They didn't do it for Barry Sanders or Billy Sims. They had Megatron, but failed to build a championship contender around him. They choose to make profits rather than compete for championships.

/// Lions rant ..
                              I absolutely LOVED the Silverdome. Ford Field flat out sucks. It has all the charm of a shopping mall on the inside and looks like a shipping/receiving warehouse on the outside.

The Ford family's many decades of failure have more to do with their incompetency than anything. It's a salary cap league so everyone has comparable payrolls for the most part. They do, however, make money hand over fist for being the absolute worst franchise in sports. I really mean that. Their record of futility is unsurpassed in any of the 4 major sports leagues. And yet the stadium is full every week...

Comment

• I don't think it's fair to say that the Ford family doesn't care about winning.

They just are seriously lost, and incredibly unfortunate, in trying to get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X