The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You really need to STFU.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• EFZ
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Concur, yet STFU.

Comment

• no
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The P5 teams with the worst win% over the past 10 years:

1. Kansas .192
            2. Colorado .339
            3. Illinois .350
            4. Purdue .355
            5. Indiana .369
            6. Virginia .373
            7. Oregon State .374
            8. Maryland .395
            9. Iowa State .408
            10. Wake Forest .411

The P5 teams with the best win% over the past 10 years:

1. Alabama .907
            2. Ohio State .844
            3. Clemson .806
            4. Oklahoma .789
            5. Stanford .759
            6. Wisconsin .756
            7. LSU .752
            8. Oregon .750
            9. Florida State .729
            10. Oklahoma State .723
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• fucking Year of Fickell

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The past 10 years re OSU includes (a) the Year of Fickell and (b) 2010, the year that, apparently, never happened. As much as I'd like to find a way to dismiss (a), it happened. Coaching transitions are part of how we evaluate programs, and OSU had to deal with a single horrific year. As far as (b) goes, it happened. I watched them all. Should be 0.858.

What's really surprising to me is that Rutgers isn't in the bottom 10. Over the past 5 years:

1. Kansas 9-51
                  2. Oregon State 14-46
                  3. Rutgers 20-42
                  4. Illinois 20-41
                  5. Purdue 21-41
                  6. Vanderbilt 24-38
                  6. Iowa State 24-38
                  8. Virginia 25-37
                  8. Maryland 25-37
                  10. Colorado 26-37

The top 5:

1. Alabama 67-6
                  2. Clemson 65-7
                  3. Ohio State 62-7

4. Oklahoma 54-13
                  5. Wisconsin 53-15

21. Michigan 43-21
                  Last edited by iam416; September 4, 2019, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• I hate the vacated games punishment. So many good ways to penalize a team, but rewriting history sucks. Esp when the infraction was not a recruitment violation. See tattoos and trinkets with OSU and the textbook loan with Bama.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And the BigTen has 4 in the bottom 10 in the 5-year stat. I find that surprising, as well.

Comment

• And seeing Arkansas popping into the bottom 10 on the 5-year stat. I mean, talk about a team that is determined to hit rock bottom.

Comment

• I hate the vacated games punishment. So many good ways to penalize a team, but rewriting history sucks. Esp when the infraction was not a recruitment violation. See tattoos and trinkets with OSU and the textbook loan with Bama.
                          Correct. In the context of today, those particular "scandals" are comically insignificant, too.

And the BigTen has 4 in the bottom 10 in the 5-year stat. I find that surprising, as well.
                          I'm not surprised. Illinois has been absolutely shit on a stick. The Big 10 East may be the most striated division in all of CFB. The bottom 3 have almost no shot of ever winning against the top 4. So, Rutgers is obviously no surprised, but neither is Maryland. I'm a little surprised by Purdue, but I forgot how bad they were in the early 2010s.

Comment

• And seeing Arkansas popping into the bottom 10 on the 5-year stat. I mean, talk about a team that is determined to hit rock bottom.
                            That was actually for 6-years. I went back and changed it for 5. Vandy replaces Arky in bottom 10. But, overall, yes. That program's demise is almost hard to imagine.

Comment

• Over the last 5 years, in terms of wins, M is closer to Maryland than Ohio State.

Comment

• Ouch.

Comment

Working...
                                X