No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Orgeron wanted to be an assistant under Riley...Riley said no.

Joe B wanted to be a QB at UNL...Riley said no.

Riley set this program back 10 years. Yes the Solich firing may not have been the best thing in retrospect...Callahan set UNL back as well...but Riley and Eichorst killed off what was left after the Pelini experiment...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• And Frost has a worse record than Riley AND Callahan.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
        growing up winning a bowl game was a great year. Since then they've added too many bowl games that diminish their impact and ESPN has basically marketed the CF playoff to the point where the bowls feel like failure. In addition to the costs, I believe these factors have also changed the view of success and therefore, fan passion.
        Truth.

If it wasn't for the TV money, many of the current bowl games would go away. When bowl match ups include the 3rd and 4th place finishers of the MAC, you know the market is over saturated.

Back in the day, we had the Rose, Sugar, Cotton, and Orange bowls as the big dogs. There were a few others like the Sun Bowl, Tangerine, Bluebonnet, etc., that took a few more teams, but in those days, if your team got a bowl berth, they were considered among the best in the country.

Also, the Big Ten for a very long time did not allow any other teams to go to a bowl game except the conference champion. Michigan had an undefeated team in 1973 (10-0-1) that couldn't go to a bowl game because OSU was 'voted' the B1G Championship, with the help of MSU. So bowl appearances were like gold in those days.

Today, if you go 6-6, you're going bowl-ing somewhere. Its not as big as it used to be.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If Michigan was Alabama that Wolverine team would listed as a National Champion

Two selectors, the National Championship Foundation and the Poling System, recognize Michigan as a co-national champion for the 1973 season.

Comment

• Chase Young and Jeffrey Okudah are the two top defensive prospects in this year's NFL draft, according to most analyses I've seen, and that sounds reasonable to me. I will simply say that if Clemson's Isaiah Simmons is behind them, it can't be by much. That kid was incredible against Ohio State, and he's started off the national championship game like a house on fire.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That's the game we all wanted to see. Clemson can't handle them.

Comment

• Hey, did anyone catch the name of Clemson's DC? Was it Brent Venables? Brent Venables, right? As in, the former Oklahoma defensive coordinator Brent Venables?

Seriously, I wish someone would total the number of times his name has been dropped or they showed him on the sidelines in the two playoff games. He HAS to have been mentioned more times than even Dabo.

Comment

• All the credit in the world to LSU-- they needed to reinvent their program, and they have done it in spectacular fashion. I've been expecting them to have that one game where the offense hit the skids, and I thought Clemson had the kind of defense that could force them to have an off-day. Clemson could only manage to do that for a bit less than a quarter.

Joe Burrow has put together the best passing season for a QB in the history of the sport. He got LSU on top in this game tonight with some throws that pretty much had to be perfect. I hate agreeing with Kirk Herbstreit, but I have to-- I don't think I've ever seen an offense execute this consistently and this explosively over the course of an entire season. Who would have thought Ed Orgeron would put together the staff and the plan to field an offense like this? America in 2020...it's a brave new world, man.

Comment

• Joe Burrow is as good a quarterback to come out of college that I've ever seen. I think he's right there with John Elway and Dan Marino. He makes all the reads, makes the throws, runs when he has to, and is absolutely cold as ice when under pressure. He was sacked a couple times but never lost his cool or his focus. If he can get with the right team in the NFL, he has a bright future ahead of him. If he ends up somewhere that can't protect him, then he may be in some trouble. Too bad Cincy has the first pick. I'd really like to see the kid develop with some good coaching, and a top notch organization behind him.

LSU was the best team all season long. I think OSU would have given them a tougher fight tonight, but they eventually would have been victimized by Burrow. He's that good.

Congrats to LSU. They're the best, and they earned it.

Comment

• Best QB prospect since Andrew Luck... Never have I seen a fan community/ forum more united on one subject: Bengals fans drafting Burrow #1 overall.
                        Bengals quietly have some positive pieces that should help Burrow at the next level. Ex-QB young head coach in Zac Taylor. AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, John Ross (if he can stay healthy), Joe Mixon... drafted Jonah Williams and Drew Sample early last year.
                        Probably need to add more help at OLine.

Joe Burrow: 65 TDs, 6 INTs, 76%... with the schedule he faced. Incredible.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yeah, Burrow is special. Glad he is out of the SEC. He put the team on his back and was just unstoppable - similar to how Cam Newton did Auburn. Joe is a better QB, though, and is much less likely to wear a dress to a press conference.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Athens, Ohio has already renamed its high school stadium after him.

Comment

• Heard more chatter this morning about Brent Venables and how "you gotta give him credit" for keeping LSU's offense in check.

Clemson gave up 1100+ yards to LSU and OSU combined!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                And Frost has a worse record than Riley AND Callahan.
                                BC could recruit and coach OL's. He was not good at team chemistry or understanding that college kids need interaction... they are not NFL players.

Riley was a clusterfuck. You'd think he was a first time HC with how bad he did everything.

Frost... we will see. Talent is at an all time low in Lincoln. Tough to play Frost's offense when you inherit only a couple WR's on scholarship and only one worth playing. IMO, it's frost or bust. But who knows. My saturday's no longer are impacted by UNL's success. If they win, great. If not, meh..
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X