No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Tommy Bowden give up on football entirely or what? Weird that he's never gotten another job since Clemson fired him but Terry keeps getting gigs.

Comment

• He’s done some TV, espn, Fox and ACC Network. I also heard him on espn radio not too long ago.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Updated all-time winning percentages. If UAT goes 7-1 in their next 8 they would tie Ohio State's current winning percentage. And, congrats to M and their Covid problems. Not only did they avoid a couple shellackings, they only dropped to #4. Well done, HARBAUGH!!!

1 Ohio State 0.73036 931 327 53 1311
        2 Alabama 0.72947 929 331 43 1303
        3 Notre Dame 0.72847 918 329 42 1289
        4 Michigan 0.72741 964 350 36 1350
        5 Oklahoma 0.72633 917 329 53 1299
        6 Texas 0.70427 923 378 33 1334
        7 Southern Cal 0.69817 852 353 54 1259
        8 Penn State 0.68778 902 398 42 1342
        9 Nebraska 0.68773 905 400 40 1345
        10 Tennessee 0.67140 849 402 53 1304
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Those forfeits and vacated wins really hurt. Easily #1 now with out them.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The forfeitures hit win% and total wins hard. The vacated shit hurts total wins. Hate it.

Comment

• Not easily. Alabama has forfeited 21 wins. Ohio State has 12. Counting the ties as 0.5 wins (as you do for winning percentage), with no forfeits:

Alabama 971.5 wins in 1324 games.
              Ohio State 969.5 wins in 1323 games.

So, (1) Ohio State lost 4-5 wins this season thanks to the B10; and (2) Ohio State and Alabama were playing for the all-time actual games played winning percentage lead in Miami.
              Last edited by iam416; January 15, 2021, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Ohio State forfeited? I thought you had just vacated - which is a different animal.

Comment

• Alabama has forfeited 8 wins and a tie. Which means that not only did we not get credit for the win, it is tabulated as a loss.

On top of the 8.5 forfeitures, we have 21 vacated wins (like they had never been played).

So, 29 wins removed and 9 losses added.

Comment

• Updated all-time winning percentages. If UAT goes 7-1 in their next 8 they would tie Ohio State's current winning percentage. And, congrats to M and their Covid problems. Not only did they avoid a couple shellackings, they only dropped to #4. Well done, HARBAUGH!!!

I thought Boise State ranked third behind OSU and Alabama?

Comment

• 958 wins, 322 losses, 44 ties = 980 effective wins and 322 losses = .753, I believe.

Math might be off. Did it in my head. At the doctor’s office.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Alabama has forfeited 8 wins and a tie. Which means that not only did we not get credit for the win, it is tabulated as a loss.

On top of the 8.5 forfeitures, we have 21 vacated wins (like they had never been played).

So, 29 wins removed and 9 losses added.
                        I missed the 1993 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                          Updated all-time winning percentages. If UAT goes 7-1 in their next 8 they would tie Ohio State's current winning percentage. And, congrats to M and their Covid problems. Not only did they avoid a couple shellackings, they only dropped to #4. Well done, HARBAUGH!!!

I thought Boise State ranked third behind OSU and Alabama?
                          For the Stassen database, not enough games played to qualify.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I missed the 1993 season.
                            Apology accepted.

Comment

• Notre Dame will be on probation for a year for recruiting violations. The penalties will pretty much be a slap on the wrist, and will not affect bowl or playoff appearances.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Has anyone mentioned lately that Brian Kelly killed a kid by ordering him up a scissor-lift with gale-like winds whipping about so that he could film a practice?

Comment

Working...
                                X