Comment

• Josh Huepel to OU?
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
        Josh Huepel to OU?
        That would make a ton of sense.

Comment

• I see that Napier is going to coach Louisiana in the Sunbelt Championship game.

That does not bode well for my Appalachian State Mountaineers
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Is Napier that guy from Batman?
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Supposedly, OU's top target as of now is Kliff Kingsbury, which seems unlikely. But then again, Lincoln Riley leaving seemed unlikely. It's no secret that Big XII coaches haven't been happy with what's happened to their league. Riley to USC might be the best evidence yet for that.

In much less momentous news, David Cutcliffe is out at Duke.

Comment

• I wonder if Gus Malzahn or Tom Herman will come up in any of the coaching searches. Malzahn did enough at Auburn to get a second shot at the Big Time and Herman didn't really get a fair shot at Texas.

Comment

• Lincoln Riley news is big!
                  I oddly enjoy college football more when USC is in the discussion. USC has a top 3 band in college football and I love their uniforms for example. Happy to see they have a HC that will make them relevant.
                  USC is a college football villain that we need for more entertainment.

LSU coaching search is interesting. No idea what they do. Their athletic director wants to make a home run hire and it’s unclear who that can be now.

Highly doubt Kingsbury leaves the Arizona Cardinals for ANY college job. Like James Franklin, it’s simply agent chatter to get Kingsbury a rich extension.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Lincoln Riley news is one of the bigger coaching surprises I can remember.

Agree that Kingsbury is him negotiating for an extension. I listened to almost a full hour of some OU guy on ESPNU radio and he said everyone he's talked to says the Sooners haven't spoken to him at all

Stoops will be coaching the bowl game.

Comment

• So, Riley to LSU is true, or just a rumor.

Comment

• Perhaps it’s more comparable to a college basketball coaching move. Roy Williams from Kansas to UNC.

Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                        So, Riley to LSU is true, or just a rumor.
                        Riley to USC.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• So Riley was coaching Oklahoma yesterday KNOWING that in less than 24 hours he was going to be the HC at USC.

I wonder how those Sooner players feel right now? Those players played their guts out trying to beat Okie State, and this is their reward today?

IMO, that's a low class move both by Riley and USC. But that's to be expected from USC. They've been slimy for decades. Almost as bad as Florida-Miami.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            So Riley was coaching Oklahoma yesterday KNOWING that in less than 24 hours he was going to be the HC at USC.

I wonder how those Sooner players feel right now? Those players played their guts out trying to beat Okie State, and this is their reward today?

IMO, that's a low class move both by Riley and USC. But that's to be expected from USC. They've been slimy for decades. Almost as bad as Florida-Miami.
                            Not sure what you would have him do? Can't quit until the deal is done. If it is imminent is it better to bail mid-week?

Napier took the Florida job today. He is going to coach in the Sunbelt Championship game Saturday. Should he quit today?

I don't know. It seems that most of the time these guys leave as soon as the ink is dry, but I *think* most of the time the signings come after the regular season is over. I may be wrong on that, though
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It just seems like bad timing to me. When I wrote that, I was thinking that Oklahoma still had a game to play, but the regular season is over. They'll play in a bowl, but that can be handled by an assistant. Its a nasty 1-2 punch for those Sooner players, though.

And I'm not sure that the USC job is an upgrade from Oklahoma.

USC can get ready for lots of offense, and very little defense.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not sure that there is any good time to go. I know they want to get a jump on recruiting so they leave as soon as they can.

My wife is an App State alum so I follow them quite a bit.

They lost their coach two years in a row. (Satterfield to Louisville and Drinkwitz to Missouri) Both coaches left before their bowl game but after the CCG.

USC may not be an upgrade from OK but it is the job he wants.

Comment

Working...
                                X