Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like the NCAA is going to decide on how the 5-7 teams are selected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I saw that too --- how many other 5-7 teams will have beaten a team that is likely CFP bound --- i'd imagine the Huskers will be going bowling. The Bowl game is of course irrelevant, but the extra practice is not.

Comment

• Any coach in the SEC is going to have a hard time as long as Saban is at Alabama. The introduction of the playoff has eliminated possible national championship berths to one a year per conference.

The Richt firing is riduculous. It will be hard to improve on him and most likely will hire a subpar replacement.

Comment

• wonder if Eason will stick around with a new coach coming in

Comment

• Its probably going to be open season on any Georgia commitments
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              .........The Richt firing is riduculous. It will be hard to improve on him and most likely will hire a subpar replacement.
              Not to Georgia fans of which I am not one.

Richt is a lot like John Cooper who got fired not for his coaching skills but that he couldn't beat M. For Richt it was a spotty record in the "Biggest Outdoor Cocktail Party in the South East" (the UF/UGA game) and having lost to Bama for, oh, I don't even know, but a lot.

This was a firing brought about by the classic SEC big money saying they'd had enough. If you want more of my money, get rid of Richt. The sock puppets at UGA did just that.

Like osu who found tressel from the Mac, I think UGA will find someone with similar background. They're not going to go fishing in the current pool of high rollers although Herrman of Houston is a target I have heard.
              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 29, 2015, 06:31 PM.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't think they will head down to FCS...they already did that once before way back when they hired Jim Donnan

Comment

• the Herman-UGA interest is mutual ... when the carousel ends ol' Chip will be at USC, and Herman will be at UGA.

Herman is a really good coach, but I believe he will find the transition to big boy football at the head coach level to be a challenge.

Comment

• I don't think the USC power brokers want a coach like Kelly. They want a smash mouth type of coach.

Comment

• Are they wanting a Pete clone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• 4 years ago Tom Herman was the OC at Iowa State for God's sake...now may be head coach at Georgia

Comment

• Brady Hoke had a similar meteoric rise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                            Brady Hoke had a similar meteoric rise.
                            Bo Pelini went from being an unknown AC with the Packers to HC at Nebraska in five years as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                              Brady Hoke had a similar meteoric rise.
                              Maybe I have read it before or maybe not....but Brady never spent any time at the coordinator level. He went straight from D-line to head coach at Ball State

Comment

• Big money in Georgia and Georgians who ended up finding big money in Miami are well connected to the Falcons and the Fins. Georgia, if they go the FBS route will end up with not a Jim Donnan. Been there, did that. They'll find a hungry coordinator in the NFL or a guy form a southern FBS program that has shown something.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X