No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to change this. Didn't really think about Clemson, nor did I see how their game last night ended. Again, it's not who deserves to be there given the flawed process - and they're all flawed. These are what I believe are the best teams right now.

1. Alabama
    2. Ohio State
    3. Stanford
    4. Clemson
    5. Oklahoma
    6. MSU

I could see changes 4-6, but I think #1 & #2 are correct. Urban only lost one game, but it was the wrong one to lose.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Lineygoblue has definitely gotten to the heart of the matter. Dantonio is the master of running into teams at the right time. He's won nearly 60 games over 5 years finding teams that are scuffling. Just think of how many games he's won by that alone.

Comment

• Lines referenced this season in his post. I didn't know that msu played 60 games this year.

Comment

• There's a difference between "deserves" and "who is better." Ohio State has no business being in the CFP after their bedshittery against MSU.

If OSU played MSU tomorrow Ohio State would be favored, and I think rightly so. As I said on this topic, I also think MSU is better than Nebraska.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Isn't that how it works, though? It ain't easy to win a championship. You have to have some luck as well as be good.

MSU is a very good football team. To deny that is sour grapes at best.

And yes, Sparty and their fans have the worst inferiority complex known to man
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Every fan base has bad eggs.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                There's a difference between "deserves" and "who is better." Ohio State has no business being in the CFP after their bedshittery against MSU.

If OSU played MSU tomorrow Ohio State would be favored, and I think rightly so. As I said on this topic, I also think MSU is better than Nebraska.
                Yep. OSU has buulldozered all B1G teams since Urban took over. He was due for one stinker in 4 years. Just happened at the wrong time with the wrong team.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  Isn't that how it works, though? It ain't easy to win a championship. You have to have some luck as well as be good.

MSU is a very good football team. To deny that is sour grapes at best.

And yes, Sparty and their fans have the worst inferiority complex known to man
                  That is the best thing about the NFL over the college game. There is none of this nonsensical beauty pageant talk that permeates college football. There is finally a playoff and it will be settled on the field and yet people still cling to who should have lost and who got lucky. In the NFL none of that rubbish exists. If you get in you have a shot and none of the games matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
                    Yep. OSU has buulldozered all B1G teams since Urban took over. He was due for one stinker in 4 years. Just happened at the wrong time with the wrong team.
                    Urbz hasn't bulldozed the Spartans.

Comment

• OSU played one solid game all year. Regardless of how much talent they have, the rest of the year they were not a good team.

They don't deserve shit and if they go to the Rose Bowl instead of Iowa it is a crime
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• They don't deserve shit and if they go to the Rose Bowl instead of Iowa it is a crime
                        The Rose Bowl won't look at it from who is more deserving. They'll look at it for how many fans the B1G representative will bring with them, and how much money they will spend.

Iowa will bring a goodly number of fans, who will bring $10 in one hand, and the Ten Commandments in the other, and not break either.

Ohio, on the other hand ...
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Iowa fans will travel well this year. Bowl will care about butts in seats not spending around LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I think the winner of the bama MSU game will win it all. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I like Clemson to beat Oklahoma because Brent Venables (ex-Oklahoma D-Coordinator). There is no chance he won't have Clemson's defense as ready as they can be.
                              MSU vs Bama? I'm picking MSU because MSU's front 7 might be able to slow down Henry. Connor Cook should do fine vs Bama's average secondary.

MSU vs Clemson National Championship Game. Due to Clemsoning, MSU will probably win it.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Michigan ranked 14th by the Playoff Committee.

When they were deciding between Northwestern and Michigan for the 13th spot, how did that conversation go? They must rank it by points from votes or something.
                                Michigan won 38-0 over NW.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X