No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They'll reach an out of court settlement of some kind.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Like a lot of alcoholics he was in denial it seems, until the rug was pulled out from under his feet. At the rally before the season, dropping F Bombs left and right, saying other Pac 12 teams suck . He said he accidentally took medication with alcohol. He then did a hungover interview the next day where the interviewer said he looked terrible, like he hadn't slept in 2 days - and was reported taking a few days off. Then he got caught drunk again and fired so now he's disabled.

At ASU he was hammered, having Harbaugh like tantrums with the officials, yelling at his players then doing high five chest bumps with them. Pat Haden has not handled HCs well since taking the AD job. He problely should resign in consideration and focus on his health, he had to be helped off the field earlier this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        That's pretty common across the country, if someone shows signs of drug addiction or alcoholism the company first has to offer some sort of help before giving them the ziggy. I'm not sure if it applies to the circumstances in the Sarkisian case. I'm sure the barristers in here have a more informed opinion.
        They don't have to offer you treatment if you show up intoxicated for work. At least not in the states that my company operates, they don't.

Comment

• That's why I had that statement where I'm not sure it applies. I would think you are correct about showing up drunk ruling that out, but we don't know the whole story. From the foggy details we know he was drunk at that banquet, he allegedly showed up drunk at a practice. But he was placed on administrative leave and was going to a treatment when he was fired, so one interpretation of that could be that the employer was in fact going down that path with him.

Comment

• Brady Hoke has or is interviewing for the East Carolina and Tulane HC jobs.

Comment

• Tremendous.

Comment

• A friend of mine ia an ECU grad and huge OSU fan. Please PLEASE hire Brady Hoke.

Comment

• He's going to get a job somewhere. It just won't be at an elite program.

Comment

• He'd be a good coach but only if he has excellent coordinators.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      He'd be a good coach but only if he has excellent coordinators.
                      I've heard this somewhere else before.

Comment

• Brady Hoke is a nice guy but there is nothing in his resume suggesting he is a good coach. In fact, the contrary is suggested.

In his successful seasons at two of his last three stops, he's lived off what he was given/had developed from the previous regime.

As soon as he was on his own, those programs tanked. He did a decent job of recruiting but t hat was about it. He's a cheer elder and hand clapper. He loves his kids and from that aspect he is good. But he lacks the desire, the drive and the smarts to compete at an elite level for sure and I don't t think he's the kind of coach to exceed 8 wins in a season very often. Schools looking for their football team to prosper in the current CFB environment would be best advised to look elsewhere.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I said that when he was hired, re: Brady Hoke. Unfortunately he's not even bright enough to identify excellent coordinators and position coaches.

Comment

• ohio lost a recruit today (obviously one that the urban myth didn't want) when Tristen Wallace committed to Oregon. He was rated the No. 4 dual-threat quarterback and the No. 188 overall prospect in the 2016 247Sports Composite.

Wallace originally committed to Ohio State back on April 15, but he had been more open to recruiting pitches of late, officially visiting UCLA and then visiting Oregon Sunday.

No word yet on how this might affect the other 17 "top QB's in the country" that are committed to ohio....

Comment

• Urban 'Peaked in High School' Myth 42
                              NFL Machine 13

Comment

• Heh heh heh.

Tristin Wallace apparently wants to play WR in college now. OSU told him you're a QB. He thought otherwise and went to Oregon. It's been in the works for weeks. BTW, I've never heard of a top-rated QB wanting to voluntarily switch to WR in the recruiting process.

It's the ebbs and flows of recruiting. Gotta keep recruiting until NLOID.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X