The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington at Oregon in OT.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Washington goes down to Oregon in OT.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• 3 top 10 teams lose. WVU has a chance to lose tonight.

ND and Texas barely win. We look like crap for much of the game.

Fun week.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• CFP:

Alabama is in provided Tua isn't hurt too bad and is healthy for LSU. Even if they don't win the SEC, they are probably still in.
            Clemson is in. I just don't see them losing. Along with Alabama and Ohio State, they have played a hot fuckin garbage schedule. But I guess maybe NCS gives them a game this week and maybe FSU pushes them in Tally. It really depends on Lawrence. If he's healthy I think there's no way they lose until the CFP.
            Notre Dame SHOULD be in. Unlike last year, this borderline top 10 team doesn't have a game on the schedule that screams loss. Syracuse could be tricky and maybe the slip up in LA, but USC isn't that good.
            P12 is OUT. I don't think a 12-1 Oregon team gets in, and I don't think they'll go 12-1.
            Georgia is in IF they win out. Florida and Kentucky will actually give them nice wins (if they win) and beating Alabama is the gold star of all wins. No way a 12-1 SEC Champion team is out.
            B10 East Winner SHOULD be in. This gets tricky because the B10 East winner will almost certainly have one loss. M is the prohibitive favorite at the moment, but they're cock-blocked by ND. If OSU should upset M in Columbus then they'll be in the hunt, but I expect them to lose at Purdue or at Sparty (maybe both). But, an 12-1 Big Ten East Winner will likely get in.
            Oklahoma/Texas still have an shot. They'll get in if there are only 4 1-loss teams and they're one of the 4.

Overreacting in October is the hallmark of any good CFB football fan and is only suprassed in CFB stupidity by overreacting in September. But, we do have half the season gone and it's starting to come into shape. My current picks for the CFP, in order:

1. Alabama (I think they win a battle in Baton Rouge and beat Georgia/SEC East winner).
            2. Clemson (I just can't find a loss -- they so out-talent everyone).
            3. Notre Dame (will challenge Sparty and 2016 OSU as the worst teams ever to make the CFP)
            4. Michigan (this is the 2014 Buckeyes -- shitass early game and unbeatable by November)
            5. I think Georgia will end up 11-1 going into the SEC title game and be playing Bama for a CFP bid. If they win, then I think Bama will go ahead of M.

Unfortunately for M, they'll draw Alabama. I don't think that works out well for them. I don't think HARBAUGH!!! and Don Brown can make up the talent gap. Clemson will methodically drill Notre Dame much as they did Ohio State. And we'll get yet another Alabama-Clemson game.

And in a few weeks we can all look back at how wrong I was. Hell, maybe even next week.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• LSU is looking good. Bama is very banged up all over the depth chart. That along with facing LSU at night in Tiger Stadium. Yeah, not good.

I also think Tenneesse, MissState, and Auburn give us a game. Honestly, we have a great offense when healthy. Without Tua and those WRs we are a 2 or 3-loss team this year. And they are all limping. This Bama D is mediocre. Easily the worst D Bama has fielded since 2007.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'd trade defenses with you right now and throw in the Blue Jackets for free. You think you have problems.

Auburn and Mississippi State may make your boys play a little in the 2nd half.

LSU will be tough. I don't think any B10 team wins at Baton Rouge, especially at night. Goddam Joe Burrow.

Comment

• I honestly believe LSU will do to us what they did to Georgia yesterday. Ogeron has morphed into a good coach. He's recruiting well, finally got some good coordinators, and has coached some players up.

The book on LSU was always that they would be dangerous if they got a competent QB. And they do now. Fuckin' Ohio State.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You're fucking crazy if you think LSU blows Alabama's doors off. The LSU offense is still shaky. They do a nice job running, they actually execute QB sneaks (excuse me while I weep and pine for Tressel) and Burrow can hit open passes. That's enough to keep them in any game with their defense. But, Alabama is just a different animal on offense.

JTB, Haskins and Burrow -- that's quite the gaggle of QBs for a 2017 offense that struggled at inopportune times.

Comment

• It depends on our injury situation. We have a bunch of folks limping or on crutches. Tua, included. Devonta Smith (the WR with the walk-off TD for the NC) has a pulled hammy. Tua has a knee sprain that was exacerbated last night. Missing our cover corner, two OL, and the SEC may suspend Raekwon Davis (DL) for throwing punches last night.

Comment

• Meh. Ohio State is playing without Nick Bosa. His replacement was out on Saturday. A starting LB -- and maybe the only who can actually play at a B10 level -- was out. Their best cover corner was banged up yesterday and sat out most of the game. The defense isn't particularly good when healthy. As currently constituted they couldn't hold Hoover High under 17.

The only thing that's saving them is Haskins. And, unfortunately, yesterday they had issues pass protecting -- couldn't block Carter Coughlin (who, btw, is really good -- OSU really wanted him). Haskins is as mobile as a fucking crippled sloth, so he's a sitting duck againt any decent pass rush. M will have 10 sacks against that sieve. Fortunately, their pass blocking is slightly better than their run blocking, so, you know....cry me a river.

I'm adopting UAB as my team for 2018. Those bitches be ballin' out!

Comment

• Fuck UAB.

Anyway, Bama will be favored by 7.5 or so vs LSU. Take the Tigers, bet the farm, and retire to a life of buggery and raspberry bbq at the Royal Oaks in Youngstown.

Comment

• Never heard so much sandbagging in my life. Compounded by the fact your two teams have easily been the most dominant programs for the past one or two decades. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Comment

• I'm ashamed of Alabam"Alum." And having watched Ohio State play Indiana and Minnesota the past two weeks, I'm ashamed of all phases of Ohio State's game except passing offense.

Comment

• Alabama has been good since 2008. Before that our last real stretch of competent play was with Stallings in the early to mid 1990's.

But out D is mediocre this year and our playmakers are gimped up. We plug some holes on D and get folks healthy, we will be good. Until then, we're overrated and begging to be exposed.

Comment

Working...
                                X