No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clemson with a loss is out, that schedule and conference is awful. Syracuse will be their best win... Big XII champ (Oklahoma vs WV) likely would benefit as whoever wins gets both a CCG and a quality win too...

ND can't lose either, only team with any margin for error is Bama who would still deserve to go to the CFP with a loss...

Can't see many scenarios outside 'chaos' where the PAC 12 champ earns its entrance to the CFP, Washington State won't have a chance for another quality win. An undefeated UCF will get really close but miss the CFP.

Comment

• Here's another ranking system that purportedly closely reflects how the committee looks at the contenders. If you assume three of the four current CFP berthees (Clemson, ND, Michigan) win out and UGA wins out, beating UAT in the process, then UGA could jump M by improving its SOS (games played) factor and GC (Game Control) factor. Any AP poll shenanigans at the end of the CCGs could also effect the outcome in this ranking model.

Also, FPI is typically the least favorable model to M. UGA ranks ahead of M now (#3 and #4 respectively) and would certainly hold that ranking order if they beat Alabama. That could contribute to UGA bumping M in this model.

Still, none of this answers Crash's question. If Alabama loses to UGA, does it still get in over a currently #4 Michigan. Man, I can't see the Committee ignoring a BIG CCG champion while rewarding the SEC Runner-Up. But, they have done it in the past. I don't remember the circumstances when osu was bumped. Not sure they are similar.

What this brings to mind is that Michigan really does not control it's own destiny on the road to a CFP berth. It's fate remains in the hands of a swayable selection committee made up of swayable humans. Clearly we should be rooting for Alabama. The insurance policy is purchased with a Syracuse win over ND. In that case you could have Clemson, Michigan, UGA and Alabama and feel pretty good about the committee's selections.

Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 7, 2018, 03:13 PM.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If you really think they are going to pick M in a down B1G year over a one-loss Bama team from the $EC who has three of the top 7 teams in the country...well you are dumber than a bag of poop.

Why would you leave a one-loss conference champ out and put a one-loss conference runner-up in?

Because it's Ala-Fucking-Bama

...try to stay with me here...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...now all that being said...there is a LOT of football left. Clemson or ND could stub their toe...not likely but could happen...and M still has to beat the vermin. Loss to the vermin and the B1G has no chance of the CFP. Period.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Why?

M's SOS is 13th, Bama's is 41st (LOL)

M has convincingly beaten 3 ranked opponents and will have 2 more on its road to a CCG win. Five total. Bama will have 4 wins v. ranked opponents if it beats Mississippi State, Auburn and UGA. Alabama's schedule, other than those 4 games, is laughable ..... resume.

Michigan won it's CCG, Alabama lost theirs.

Look, I get the Ala-Fucking-Bama meme. They got in as a 1 loss team once before over a comparable 1 loss osu team. I just don't think the circumstances will be the same assuming M wins out and UGA beat UAT.

M SHOULD be in over UAT.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Should be? Perhaps. Will they. No.

Endo of story.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If you are indulging in the scenario that Michigan wins the playoff, you are better off playing Alabama first. You want the month to prepare rather than the week in my opinion.

Comment

• I think Bama crushes M whether it's a semi or the title game. Clemson could hang with them I think but Bama wins by 10 or more. Bama would shit stomp either M or ND.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Crush? No.

M isn't going to lie down and cry in game like osu did when Clemson railed them.

Can M actually beat UAT? I already went through that scenario ..... try to keep up dumb ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      If you are indulging in the scenario that Michigan wins the playoff, you are better off playing Alabama first. You want the month to prepare rather than the week in my opinion.
                      Gist of the last few posts and springing from Crash's post involve whether or not a 1-loss SEC Conf. Runner-up Alabama gets in over a 1-loss BIG Conf. Champ.

The SHOULD deal is a definite player. IOW, the reality is that neither team is in control of it's destiny with regard to a CFP berth. Both their fates, in the case of UAT losing to UGA and M winning out, are in the hands of humans with unpredictable results.

Comment

• A one-loss Maa or a one loss Bama? Meh. It would probably be Bama. Fair or not. Regardless, of who is picked, I can't complain because somewhere in the season I did not take care of business.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          I think Bama crushes M whether it's a semi or the title game. Clemson could hang with them I think but Bama wins by 10 or more. Bama would shit stomp either M or ND.
                          Clemson can't hang with them either. Clemson's so overrated it's disgusting. For fuck's sake they eeked by an unranked Texas A&M team by 2 points And were trailing in the 4th quarter at home to Syracuse. This Michigan team would beat Clemson's ass head to head. Clemson would be shell shocked playing M head to head. Fuck Clemson.

It's also comical as hell how a lot of people were raving about Clemson hanging 70-whatever on Louisville as if that was some sort of impressive feat. Louisville is god-freaking-awful. Beyond godawful. I mean jeezus christ Louisville gave up 66 to Georgia Tech, lmao!! And 56 to Wake Forest. Wake Forest!! They're 0-6 in conference. Goddamn sorry ass Nebraska would probably smoke Louisville as atrocious as they are.
                          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• M would "beat Clemson's ass"?

Ok...that was funny. Good stuff.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yeah, Bobby Petrino will be fired in the next few weeks and given a $14 million buyout.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                                M would "beat Clemson's ass"?

Ok...that was funny. Good stuff.
                                Yeah you're right Clemson is unbeatable, only the vaunted likes of Texas A&M & Syracuse can hang with them outside of Alabama. What was I thinking.
                                AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Working...
                                X