Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love to see Lame Kiffen pout.

Comment

• Isn't that about the same spot Charles White fumbled when I was a kid? But they called it a TD vs Michigan.

Comment

• I thought the same thing, Wings. But alas, the fumble happened at the Rose Bowl, not the Coliseum.

But still, USC has a history of getting a shorter field to play on.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Does anybody need tickets for this game.

Nov. 5, 2011. The date is circled on the calendars of millions of college football fans.
          Les Miles’ No. 1-ranked LSU Tigers will take on Nick Saban’s No. 2-ranked Alabama Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa, Ala. And the hype around this game is hotter than any Louisiana hot sauce.
          CBS will broadcast it, but there’s nothing better than being at the actual game.
          According to Stubhub.com, you can pay $10,423.14 each for seats 17 and 18 in Row 25 of Lower Level End Zone N 4. They’re aisle seats, so that makes it easy to go to the bathroom or grab a bite to eat.
          Last edited by geo weidl; October 30, 2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Just another game of the century.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
              3OT now...yet another example of why I hate college's OT structure.
              You would rather see a team win a coin toss, return a kick to the 40, gain 35 yards and kick a 42-yard FG to win?

I can't stand the NFL OT. I think college/high-school is significantly better. In the NFL, if you are not a strong defensive team then the coin toss basically determines if you win OT or not.

Comment

• The point of overtime is to end the game. Lou Holtz said the other day that he would like to see the teams have to go from the 40 yard line instead of the 25. He thinks teams should actually have to 'drive' to win the game.

I say leave it at the 25. Again, the point is to end the game, not continue it forever. That's why I like the 2-point rule beginning with the 3rd OT.

I think the NFL OT rule sucks. They can stay with a kickoff and all that, but both teams should get an offensive possession for the game to be complete.

If Team 'a' comes down and scores a FG on their first possession, then Team 'b' should be given one possession to WIN. They cannot kick a FG to tie, and keep the game going. They MUST score a TD.

If Team 'a' scores a TD on its first possession, and kicks the XP, then Team 'b' gets ONE possession to score a TD AND the 2 point conversion. They would not be allowed to kick the 1-pointer to continue the game.

If both teams get a TD and 2-point conversion on their first possessions, then the game continues as sudden death, or just end the game at that point and call it a tie. They do that anyway if neither team scores in the overtime period.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• At least the NFL changed the OT rule for the playoffs.

Comment

• I like Holtz's idea. I'd like to at least see teams have to get a first down to get ponits.

Comment

• Seems like a natural fit for RR, no " I's or T's " to dot or cross, not to mention previous employment history.

Geez Tulane canned their coach after a 2-5 start, just wait to they get a 3-9 (worst record in school history) season should RR be hired. Tulane, you're gonna get a ton of excuses and very few results.

Last Updated: October 31. 2011 4:47PM
                      Report: Rich Rodriguez a candidate for Tulane job
                      The Detroit News
                      Former Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez is a prime target for Tulane in its search for a new football coach, according to a report.
                      Scott Kushner of the Baton Rouge Advocate says former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach and Rodriguez are among the top candidates.
                      Kushner wrote on Twitter that Leach is expected to meet with Tulane officials in the next two weeks.
                      Rodriguez was offensive coordinator at Tulane in 1997-98. From there he went to Clemson to serve as OC for two seasons before taking the head coaching job at West Virginia.
                      Bob Toledo agreed to resign on Oct. 18 after Tulane's 2-5 start. Mark Hutson was named interim coach. Tulane is now 2-7.

From The Detroit News:

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• That is probably a great situation for RR, his gimmick offense will probably work well in Conf. USA
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Last December you thought the ideal outcome would be RR kept but with a new DC. Now it's a ``gimmick offense''.

Comment

• After C-USA gets raided by the Big East, Tulane could do very well in much weakened C-USA.

Comment

• Sure, who doesn't think Rodriguez would find more success than he did with Gerg running the defense?

I never liked the way RR's offense put extra pressure the D with its tempo, but RR + Mattison (however realistic/possible) would have been worlds better than RR + Gerg right?
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• RR = gone was the best possible outcome for a lot of reasons that had nothing to do with the pretty good offense (for the BE) he assembled. There is no getting around that conclusion.

There was a time when I though all he needed was someone like Mattison; but I'm pretty sure (after the fact) that someone like Mattison would not have come to M to work for him.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X