The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    It's fucking bullshit that HARBAUGH!!! is gonna get spared from a total beatdown in Columbus. And that the 2021 Ohio State will be a total rebuild job.
    The beatdown by the 2020 OSU team could still happen if the NCAA grants an additional year of eligibility for football players like they did with spring sport athletes this year. Players could elect to come back, rather than leave for the NFL, and even come back after graduation if they choose.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...s-least-sept-1

"The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1, the league announced Thursday. The move, which follows a similar decision by the Patriot League, will affect several sports, including soccer and field hockey, but not football.

The decision was unanimously approved by the ACC board of directors."

Comment

• That will likely be moved back to October 1, .. and then finally a total kaput on the season.

Comment

• B1G talking about a conference only season.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Big Ten athletic directors and presidents have decided on moving to a conference-only model for all fall sports, including football.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Some Big Ten schools preferred playing only conference foes with one additional non-league game, which would preserve some of its marquee non-Big Ten matchups, but there is overwhelming support for a 10-game conference-only schedule, the sources said.
              Interesting.

Comment

• I still think it's a bit silly that safety concerns would mean that Michigan could play Nebraska but not Washtenaw County High.

Comment

• I see this as a "lets punt this down the road another 3 weeks" type of decision. This would mean that Big Ten teams would not open until September 27. It gives the decision makers additional time to decide if they really want to go thru with this.

Michigan only has 9 conference games scheduled, so if they go with a 10 game conference schedule, they'll have to pick up one more game.

The game they pick up would have to be a road game, since this year's schedule gives them 5 conference home games already.

Iowa? Illinois? Nebraska? Northwestern?

I'd prefer NW because Michigan hasn't lost there since 2002, I believe. ::::fricken Anthony Thomas fumble:::

Comment

• shaddup
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      Michigan only has 9 conference games scheduled, so if they go with a 10 game conference schedule, they'll have to pick up one more game.

The game they pick up would have to be a road game, since this year's schedule gives them 5 conference home games already.

Iowa? Illinois? Nebraska? Northwestern?

I'd prefer NW because Michigan hasn't lost there since 2002, I believe. ::::fricken Anthony Thomas fumble:::
                      Guessing it will be scheduled as an away game because M already has 5 home, 4 away.
                      Iowa and Nebraska clearly have the more entertaining home field when compared to Illinois and NW, but I doubt we'll be seeing much of a crowd in stadiums this year.

Don't care who they pick. If we get ANY football in the Fall, that's a win.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yeah, I think this whole thing is a punt from the Big Ten. They've bought themselves another three weeks before making any real difficult decision regarding the season. This was an easy one, and probably the least costly that they could make. Michigan would have likely towed down a decent payday for getting their butts kicked in Seattle, but that's nothing compared to what they'll get with actual conference games.

Next step will be, do they go with the schedule on the dates as it is now, and add an opponent in the bye week, or do they completely toss the current conference schedule and remake it?

I'm still pessimistic on the chances any CFB gets played this fall. I still think its <10%.

Comment

• shaddup
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• May have missed one but down in FCS, the Ivy League, the Patriot, the MEAC, and now the Colonial have all said no football in the fall.

Comment

• Also the PSAC (Slippery Rock, Shippensburg State, etc) in Div 2 announced Monday no fall sports.

Comment

• Add the SWAC to the list. Expected to announce monday. So that's both HBCU conferences.

Comment

Working...
                                X