No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A win is a win (38-31) but that was butt ugly. Based on that opener, MSU is not a top 15, let alone a top 25 team but, hey, its the opener. Shit happens ...... but OMG, at home?
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• MSU will be fine, they didnt look great beating 2 MAC teams at home starting last year. I'm sure Dantonio didn't like the game competitive in the 4th though.

Comment

• Sparty won every close game last season, they might be a better team this season yet have a worse season.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Utah State played well and had the Spartan defense confused. They won't play one team that plays faster than that. When they won the Rose Bowl the offense was a total shitshow the first 3 or 4 games.

The offense looks like it's ahead of the defense, contrary to training camp reports. It was an annoying that Utah State took the lead in the 4th, but the Spartans only punted twice so it was a good bet they were going to score. The key is getting the win, it doesn't matter if they looked great, the track record with Dantonio is the team improves as the season progresses.

Key thing to watch for is if they stubbornly feed it to LJ Scott all season or will they give some carries to Heyward who is more dynamic. Scott's Spartan career is reminiscent of Leveon Bell, he was disappointing his senior year.

Comment

• Matt Canada's Maryland just beat Tom Herman's Texas.

NICE.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Illinois and Rutgers might be the only flat-out bad teams in the conference. Will be an interesting year.

Comment

• Some tight ass-holes in HV. Appy state up by a TD 38 - 31 with1:49 remaining PSU about to receive the KO.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Mountaineers fall to PedoState 45/38 in OT.

Damn. An Appy State win would have been sweet.

Comment

• 7-3 start. Should make M fans feel great as I backed M.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 7-5 on the week and that's about as bad as I could have gone. I was on the proper side of all the easy covers and couldn't buy a win in the more toss-up covers -- Indiana-FIU, Wisky and even Ohio State (they gave up 31 and still covered!). I was wrong on ND-M, but that was my worst pick.

So, at least I start out on the plus side. Had a really good week overall as my 3 favorite plays were LSU, VT and Colorado. Ok, 3 of 4 -- I also really liked Wyoming (disastrous 4th quarter...SAD!)

Expect a sharp regression to the mean this week.

Comment

• I told you Akron would cover. 0-0 tie.

idiots
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• BIG TEN SLATE THIS WEEK

Saturday, Sept. 8

All times listed as Eastern.

New Mexico at No. 6 Wisconsin (-35), 12 p.m., Big Ten Network

Pick: Wisconsin (-35)

Western Michigan at No. 22 Michigan (-27.5), 12 p.m., Fox Sports 1

Pick: WMU (+27.5)

Duke at Northwestern (-3), 12 p.m., ESPNU

Pick: Northwestern (-3)

Eastern Michigan at Purdue (-16), 12 p.m., Big Ten Network

Pick: Purdue (-16)

Rutgers at No. 4 Ohio State (-35), 3:30 p.m., Big Ten Network

Pick: Rutgers (+35)

Colorado at Nebraska (-5), 3:30 p.m., ABC

Pick: Nebraska (-5)

Iowa State at Iowa (-3.5), 5 p.m., FOX

Pick: Iowa State (+3.5)

Maryland (-16) at Bowling Green, 6 p.m., ESPN+

Pick: Maryland (-16)

Virginia at Indiana (-6.5), 7:30 p.m., Big Ten Network

Pick: Indiana (-6.5)

Western Illinois at Illinois, 7:30 p.m., Big Ten Network (no line posted yet)

Fresno State at Minnesota (-2.5), 7:30 p.m., Fox Sports 1

Pick: Minnesota (-2.5)

No. 10 Penn State (-8.5) at Pittsburgh, 8 p.m., ABC

Pick: Pitt (+8.5)

No. 13 Michigan State (-6.5) at Arizona State, 10:45 p.m., ESPN

Pick: ASU (+6.5)

Comment

• Off to 7-5 start with mostly pretty good takes.

Western Michigan (+28) at MichiganNew Mexico (-35) at WisconsinRutgers (-35) at Ohio StateColorado (+4) at Nebraska. This one was up to 5 at one point and is coming down. I actually like Colorado a little bit this year. I mean, in the horseshit P12 South someone has to finish 2ndMaryland (-16) at Bowling Green. No need to overthink this one. Bowling Green is bad. Really bad. Maryland can score. I still really like Kasim Hill. I think this is an absolute blowout. Turtle with an easy cover.

Iowa State (+4) at Iowath.

BONUS PLAYSArkansas (-14) at Colorado State. Colorado State is total poop. Arkansas is going to assrail them by at last 28.

Cincinnati (+1) at Miami, Ohio. Bet against Fickell at your own peril. Bearcats win outright by 10.

Comment

• The opening day crowd of 17,000 will leave disappointed as Duke wins outright.
                                If that happens NW will not be ranked, so Michigan 'might' have a chance in 3 weeks

Arizona State is not particularly good and I think Michigan State is still pretty solid.

The high is expected to be 107 degrees Fahrenheit in the desert, see if that effects Sparty

Comment

Working...
                                X