No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dantonio barely broke .500 at UC and he was a perfect coach for MSU. Fickell has been better so far and I can see him realizing a lot of upside that Dantonio never had. Namely, recruiting.

Comment

• Thamel says he's declined it.

Comment

• I think Fickell would be good at Sparty, but I also think "good" is now more along the lines of 8-4. Dantonio had the advantage of a basically cratered M program and a PSU program that was hit or miss under JoePa and then cratered. I expect both M and PSU to be strong programs for the foreseeable future, and I think Ohio State will remain around where they are.

That's a tough ask for Fickell. He'll do great in Ohio and he'll basically get all the players Kentucky is getting. Or a lot of them. But, that don't beat Ohio State or Penn State or M.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sounds like he has officially declined it.

We dodged a bullet there, if you ask me. Although the MSU job could be open again in a few years if this coaching search goes the way it appears to be going.

Comment

• I'm not surprised he passed.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I guess they are going to have to hand the job to little Tressel.

Froot better hope that he can cheat as well has his daddy did.

Comment

• At least he won't need to crawl very far...
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• If not Tressel...

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

That's a tough ask for Fickell. He'll do great in Ohio and he'll basically get all the players Kentucky is getting. Or a lot of them. But, that don't beat Ohio State or Penn State or M.
                    Of course, maybe, just maybe Fickell's sights are laser set on one of those contenders- or ND.

Comment

• If he's turned it down, that genuinely surprises me. On the surface, it looked like the perfect opportunity to jump into the Big Ten, and get into a program that is not that far off from being competitive.

The interview must not have gone well.

I'd guess Pat Shurmur might be next in line. Former Spartan player, and just recently fired by the Giants. EL might be the perfect landing spot for him.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Ha ha Sparty was celebrating like urbs or Saban was coming back last night. This was the last tweet I read last night .....Fred was a long time sports reporter in Detroit and a good guy.

IMO With these coach saying no - I believe a lot has to do all the reports of Dantonios court not going well and Tom Mars joining Blackwell team.

Comment

• I think you might be on to something there, Wings.

Fickell may have decided that the situation is not one that he wants to get involved with.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Meathead - bettter know as Bret Bielema is on deck lmao

Comment

• B1G East is a tough division to win football games, smart move.

Comment

• LOL @ "Bank on it". Haven't seen that kind of irrational exuberance since 2006 before the Global Football Crisis.

Comment

Working...
                                X