Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catherine Hicks saved the Whale movie
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      I like the whale movie, it is one of.my favorites.
      A lot of people like it. I do not.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Maybe it is time to get real with yourself.

Comment

• I am not a slave to the wrong opinions of the general public. That kind of subservience of thought suits some. Not me. If it suits you, wear it proudly.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• V is very bad BUT ST4 does not compete with it for worst movie. Those would ST:TMP and Nemsis (that last TNG movie). The only good thing about the last TNG movie is that elements of it gave us ST:Picard
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I was not including TNG movies. ST1 or (TMP) was much better to me than ST4. If I were to include TNG, Insurrection would be worst.

Your opinion is therefore wrong. The best time to delete your post was before you submitted it. The second best time is now.

Comment

• Star Trek IV has the correct amount of camp that Star Trek requires. Nimoy directed that and he got Star Trek. I didn't see V but that it was a Shatner directed film cracks me up, he is the most famous person of Star Trek and he doesn't understand the whole concept of Star Trek. He is so self-unaware about the subject.

My daughter is still sore NBC didn't renew It's Better Late Than Never for season three.

Comment

• Not sure which thread this info should go into, but this one looks as good as any:

First, the Baseball team opened its season last night with a win over #2 ranked Vanderbilt, in a rematch of last season's CWS finals. Michigan trailed 3-2 entering the 9th inning, but Matt Schmidt hit a 2-run homer in the top of the 9th to take a 4-3 lead. There was lots of drama in the bottom of the 9th as Vandy loaded the bases on a bunt single, and two hit batsmen. But the Wolverines got the final Vandy hitter to loft a fly ball into center to finish the game, and seal the win for Michigan. The team will stay in Arizona and play single games against Cal Poly, Arizona State and Connecticut before jetting to Florida to play Connecticut again in a 3 game series in Port St. Lucie. The Wolverines are not scheduled to play in Ann Arbor until March 13th, when Canisus will come to town for a 4 game series... weather permitting, of course.

Also, the women's Softball team has started the season strong in Florida, and stands at 7-0 to start the season. The 7 game win streak includes a win over #9 ranked Florida. They are participating in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge this weekend in Chapel Hill NC, and on Friday they defeated Louisville 6-2, and then last night defeated the host, and #25 ranked Tarheels 4-3. They finish the challenge with another game today against North Carolina, and a single game on Sunday against Louisville. The ladies are scheduled to play their first game in Ann Arbor on Saturday March 14th against Ball State, weather permitting.

Finally, the men's Hockey team got their series with Michigan State off to a good start last evening with a 5-1 win at Munn Arena in East Lansing. New MSU football coach Mel Tucker dropped the ceremonial first puck to start the game, in front of a raucous Spartan crowd. Their cheers didn't last long as Michigan carried a 4-0 lead into the 3rd period when MSU scored a meaningless goal to make it 4-1. Michigan finished off the scoring with a goal late in the 3rd to seal the win. The same two teams will go at it again on Monday at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit for the annual "Showdown in the D" to close out the series. Michigan is on a modest 3 game winning streak and has an overall record of 14-12-3. The Wolverines will likely not qualify for the NCAA's unless they can win the Big Ten Tournament, which begins March 6th.

Not a bad day for non-football sports at Michigan.
                  Last edited by lineygoblue; February 15, 2020, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Wow... do I know how to pour cold water on a forum, or what?

Well, lets update things a bit.

The Baseball team added two more wins on Saturday. In the early game, they defeated Cal Poly by a score of 8-5, and then in the nightcap, they defeated #5 Arizona State 5-0. They'll finish their visit to Scottsdale today, with a game versus Connecticut at 10:00 am Mountain time. (Noon Eastern). After today's game the team will jet to Florida, where they will play a 4 game series versus Connecticut in Port St. Lucie next weekend. The team will play two more series in California, before finally getting a chance to play at home in mid-March, weather permitting.

The Softball team continued their winning ways, and ran their record to 8-0 by defeating the host North Carolina Tarheels (ranked #25) by a score of 4-0. They'll finish their visit to the Tarheel state today with another game versus Louisville. Next week the team will play at South Carolina in the Gamecock Invitational. They'll play Liberty University, Iowa State, and the host South Carolina Gamecocks in a 4 game series. Following that, the team will play 10 more games in California over the next 3 weeks, before coming home to Ann Arbor to open the home part of their season on March 14th versus Ball State.

Northern teams are always at a disadvantage in the outside spring sports.

Comment

• Two lengthy softball posts in a row?

This forum may never recover, liney

Comment

• Well, its the off season. And we seem to be missing your political nuggets as well.

Comment

• idiots
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            idiots
                            Be quiet, volleyball school fan.

Comment

• :::hits liney over the head with Mrs. Liney's army boot:::
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Now that was just plain mean.

And, you could have waited until she took it off first ...

Comment

Working...
                                X