Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    The late start and the ridiculous protocols were big fuck youse to the outspoken factions that wanted football. The B1G powers that be...presidents, chancellors, and Kevin Warren said fine...here you go...oh and btw...TOLDYA SO FUCKERS!

Arrogant Motherfucking Fucks.
    Entirely fucking correct.

I hate this fucking conference.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think it's seriously time for UNL and OSU to thoroughly examine whether to stay in this conference...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Sunbelt will probably take UNL. They might be able to compete there
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Lol.

CGVT walks into a bar and tells the bartender a dumbfuck joke. Bartender says GET THE FUCK OUTA HERE ASSHAT.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If this was really some Machiavellian power play by the “cancel everything forever!” crowd, you gotta admit it was well played. Don’t get me wrong, it’s beyond shitty, but it’s Bobby Fischer level longterm assholery tactics.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Bobby got robbed against Garry Kasparov once. Fucking bullshit if you ask me.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Kasparov and Fischer never played.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  If this was really some Machiavellian power play by the “cancel everything forever!” crowd, you gotta admit it was well played. Don’t get me wrong, it’s beyond shitty, but it’s Bobby Fischer level longterm assholery tactics.
                  Not really, because in this case, there are multiple successful other conferences who will succeed. And the only reason that they will succeed is because they weren't as stupid. There is no rational defense of the B1G if they cancel significantly more of their season than the SEC or ACC. The wise thing for Kevin Warren to do would be to find a way to relax the Covid measures in a way that saves face. If he doesn't, his job will very much be in jeopardy.

Comment

• Not gonna happen
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don't know, man. I think that you are underestimating how pissed people other than the University presidents will be. There's no place to hide.

Comment

• That’s my singular hope. However, never underestimate how vainglorious and self-important these technocratic fucktwat administrators are. I tend to think they’ll go down with the ship.

Comment

• Barry Alvarez is calling for a revised protocol. Good luck with that.

Comment

• In addition to canceling Saturday's game against Nebraska, the No. 9 Badgers have suspended all football activities for at least a week after an outbreak of COVID-19 cases within the team.

From the link:

Even though Wisconsin did not reach the Big Ten "red/red" level with its team and population positivity rates that automatically triggers a seven-day pause in team activities, the decision to pause was made jointly by athletic director Barry Alvarez and chancellor Rebecca Blank after the recent rise in positive tests.

This is entirely on Wisconsin. They did not have to cancel but decided to. While the Big Ten deserves bitching on a lot of things. Not this one. This was all Wisky's decision. Call me cynical but I think if Mertz does not test positive--they play this game.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Barry Alvarez is calling for a revised protocol. Good luck with that.
                              If he felt that strongly about it then he should not have agreed with the chancellor to cancel the game when they did not have to according to Big Ten protocols.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I agree that if Wisky had any sort of viable QB (and their HC), then they’d play.

Comment

Working...
                                X