No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True. UNL was -4 in turnovers and BERT!!!!!!! only won by 17.

horrible
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• And UNL played most of the game with a QB that couldn’t start for Iowa.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Correct. We were only down 4 when CT went down and had outyarded BERT!!!!!! by nearly 2:1. The Flying Berts still have not beat anybody.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• More garbage. 2-3 in conference and 2-1 on wildcards. Deserved better with M, but, whatever. 31-34-1 in conference and 17-9 on wildcards. 48-43-1 overall, so pretty much meh.

Minnesota (-14') at Nebraska. I never pick Goofer games right. Like, ever. I'd expect them to roll UNL. The line has moved in a way that indicates Thompson is out and we all know their backup QB is only marginally better than Hannibal. I mean, the obvious play is the Goofer running all over the Huskerz, Morgan hitting a pass or two and UNL playing offense like Brian Ferentz designed it. So, yeah...can't wait for UNL to win outright for some god-forsaken reason. But, for now, I'll say Goofers 23-6.

Purdue (-3') vs Iowa. I may have to concede that Iowa actually plays some good defense. They should make it tough sledding for Purdue. And god knows that the Boiler can always Boiler up into 4 turnovers including 2 defensive scores. But, if they just stick to the plan and try to score 13, they should cover. I'll say Purdue wins, 17-9.

Northwestern (+38) vs Ohio State. This one feels really gross. Ohio State is 50 points better on most days. BUT, the weather is going to be total garbage and, perhaps more importantly, I'm not sure Ohio State is going to have either its first two RBs. It wouldn't surprise me to see Dallan Hayden with 15 carries. They still have Harrison and Ebuka and so forth, so the outcome isn't in doubt. But I'm gonna say the high winds and high grass work to keep this under the number. Ohio State wins 41-6.

Wiscosin (-4') vs Maryland. Welp, another game I basically have no feel for. I dunno. Wisconsin lost to Sparty. I think they're not good. But then I look at Maryland and well. I think the weather will be dicey and it will favor Wisconsin enough. I'll say 20-13.

Illinois (-17) vs Michigan State. Illinois is sort of a very poor man's HARBAUGH!!!! They run the ball, sort of pass the ball and play good defense. With much less talented players. I dunno who Sparty has left on their roster, but it feels like they'll have a hard time bouncing back from last week. And if Illinois is somewhat efficient in the red zone they should assjack Sparty. I'll say Bert lays down the hammer, 34-10.

Penn State (-13') at Indiana. I refuse to believe Indiana is any good. That's it. Penn State has a running game. They have some skill at WR. They can play defense. They ought to dominate. But, I'lll say it's a little closer than I think it should be, but still enough to cover...Penn State 34-17.

Michigan (-26) at Rutgers. Michigan should score every time they have the ball until HARBAUGH!!! calls of the dogs with 90 seconds left to play. Rutgers will be lucky to score more than once. With an average red zone performance, M wins this one by a lot. I'll say HARBAUGH!!!!! 48, Chopping Wood 7.

Wildcard picks:

Army-Air Force UNDER 40. Something like 15 of the last 17 service academy shitfests have gone under. So, why not?
          Tennessee (+8') at Georgia. I think the Vals are gonna score enough to keep this plenty interesting. Should be a lot of fun to watch. Especially after enduring what is sure to be a slog of misery in Evanston.
          Notre Dame (+4) vs Clemson. I've picked ND against other "top" ACC teams (UNC, Syracuse) and had success. So, eh, why not throw myself on this tire fire to.

Comment

• Georgia beats the Vols! Book it!

Master lock pick of the week!
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, beat and cover are, you know, two separate things. I think Georgia wins, but the Vals keep it within a score.

Comment

• I like Georgia by 10-14.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I like Georgia laying the points. They have been fencing right handed for most of the season when they are actually left handed.

Comment

• Yeah, I can see that.

Comment

• ND is going to beat Clemson. Wishcasting, sure, because I really don't think the Tigers should be ranked above M in the first CFP rankings.

Looking at various game previews and predictions, ND won't beat Clemson and their QB whose name I can't spell or pronounce even though they're playing at home under the eyes of Jesus.

But if you recall the 2020 COVID game at ND, the Domers won in in 2 OT 47-40. Different teams but at the time Clemson was ranked #1 and still had Trevor, the blond bomber on the roster. It was a big deal. Freeman is already calling the ghosts of that 2020 victory to motivate his team. Will it work?

ND actually has a run game they developed in their last 5 games going 4-1 that was absent in their first 4 going 2-2. No clue how that is going to match up with Clemson's D but if ND can run the ball that will protect ND's inexperienced QB, Payne. He's not awful. He's completing 63.8% of his passes with a ratio of 13/4 in TDs/INTs. You want to beat Clemson, get in new DC Goodwin's head (he replaced Venables) and run an offense that's nothing like you've shown in the last 4 games and that Goodwin planned for.

This game has the feeling of something weird is going to happen. Even talent picks ND. I think weird will determine the outcome in favor of ND and Clemson boards will erupt post game defaming Jesus who will be gazing down on the game and pulling for ND. No clue what the score will be. The OU is low (44.5) suggesting Clemson isn't going to run wild on ND's D. The new kid QB, Payne, is going to have to grow up fast and punch way above his weight. Root for the fucking Domers.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think the ACC is fetid fucking garbage. That's why I picked Notre Dame.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          I like Georgia by 10-14.
                          In Athens?

Make it more like 20.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I hope it’s a close game. For mid-season college football, the build up reminds me of the 2019 LSU vs Bama game. Epic Joe Burrow vs Tua showdown. Rooting for Tennessee because they haven’t had much success since the 90s. Tennessee’s offense vs Georgia’s defense. Exciting!

Big day for college football tomorrow for sure. So many quality games.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Big day for college football tomorrow for sure. So many quality games.
                              I can't wait for nFw vs osu. A classic, it will be.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Speaking of, nfW looks pretty good. Maybe Talent not guilty of sandbagging.

Comment

Working...
                                X