Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, Patterson isn't a guarantee but he's more talented and more experienced than both M's other returning options. M needs a QB transfer for depth purposes even if Peters was looking like a potential Heisman...

The loss of Speight 'could' really hurt if M can't keep their QB's healthy again and M needs OT types even more than a QB.

Comment

• I would like for you to take them all.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You might regret that when we play you in the Taxslayer Bowl next season.

Comment

• I thought he looked good with a lot of potential, good command of the offense, good mechanics, good wheels - good pocket presence - that clock in a QBs head he seem to know when the pass rush was about to sack him . Needs to work on his accuracy and decisions a little better. Ill take it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            We rarely saw that from Peters.
            We didn't see much of anything from Peters, his performance is exaggerated in some folks minds just because he's not O'Korn.

But he was sheltered by Harbaugh as much as possible too...
            Last edited by whodean; December 6, 2017, 09:27 PM.
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• You might regret that when we play you in the Taxslayer Bowl next season.
              Ha!

If UM plays Bama next year, it will be in the CFP. This year proved conclusively that Bama has a permanent spot in the CFP, so I hope to play them next year.

Comment

• Ole Miss AD's panties in a twist. It would seem that he is not a fan of Jim Harbaugh.

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                  Ole Miss AD's panties in a twist. It would seem that he is not a fan of Jim Harbaugh.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...-jim-harbaugh/
                  I don't think the Ole Miss AD's statement was directed at Harbaugh. M was not on the list of schools (in the SEC and on Ole Miss's 2018 schedule) that could not make contact with Ole Miss football players (zeroed yesterday - any school can contact football players now).

Obviously Ole Miss now allowing any school to contact football players was prompted by threats of legal action should Ole Miss attempt to impede movement of otherwise eligible athletes in any way.

While some argue the penalties levied by the NCAA on Ole' Miss amounted to nothing more than a slap on the wrist, the fall-out for the football program with transfers of established players is going to devastate the team and have a lasting impact for longer than the 2 year post season bowl game and loss of scholarships. I'd estimate 5-7y before Ole Miss pulls itself out the hole Hugh Freeze dug for them. Well deserved, IMO.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think it probably was Harbaugh, Jeff. Landing the plane in Oxford, dinners, visits, whatever - M has been the most active with the Ole Miss players.

That said, you can expect the Ole Miss people to be mad with the open season on the team, but that doesn't matter. Harbz doesn't care, neither will anyone else. Ole Miss just has to sit back and watch it happen with an occaisional angry tweet thrown out.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Harbaugh doesn't give a shit about being nice and gentlemanly, and I'm glad. Lloyd, RichRod, or Hoke would have taken an entirely different route.

Comment

• Exactly. Being nice is not a consideration.

Comment

• I can see them getting Patterson, it's logical because they are thin at QB. He probably doesn't feel he can compete with what he has. If there are 4 or 5 coming from Mississippi, that would be a little strange. But if it helps your team you should do it, from a 10,000 foot view his whole tenure seems to be a little scatterbrained. It's definitely not the way I had envisioned what he was going to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            ...... from a 10,000 foot view his whole tenure seems to be a little scatterbrained. It's definitely not the way I had envisioned what he was going to do.
                            HARBAUGH!!! is a diabolical genius.

He's also pissed off for obvious reasons ...... I think this is a good thing.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You might be right! It's weird that 3 seasons in and Harbaugh is still kind of an unknown quantity as far as the product on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                Harbaugh doesn't give a shit about being nice and gentlemanly, and I'm glad. Lloyd, RichRod, or Hoke would have taken an entirely different route.
                                Lloyd wouldn't have even considered it. RichRod would have tried to get Patterson but failed because his teams were losers, and Hoke would have thought about it and then apologized for having bad thoughts.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X