Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The LB/DB class is likely finished at 8 recruits, unless they have an open scholarship in January to take an elite kid they are done at both spots. Who they signed are mostly blue chippers, top 200 type recruits...

I see Standifer as a free safety for now, unless he beats out kids in the same class at corner. Free safety in this defense is a 'clean-up' position against the run, you need to contain your side of the field and flow (without overpursuing and risk the cutback) to the strong-side. Mostly goes unblocked so FS's should get more than their share of tackles, being a 'solid' tackler is important as a FS in Mattison's defense. I really like Standifer's talent level, a kid that could earn a 4th star but have some concern about changing to free safety at the college level which likely bumps him up to a strong 3-star...

Ross, Bolden, Jenkins-Stone, Richardson & Morgan are all top 200 recruits by rivals (and 4-stars at 247 sports) and most other services... Ringer is a 4-star at scout (3* at rivals) and the #9 overall MLB, I'm somewhere between the two on Ringer as he's slightly undersized for his MLB role but very impressive in his HS film...

Anyway, this 'defensive' class is a couple bliue chip DT's away from being a special recruiting class and they have the mutual interest in enough DT's to land them.

Comment

• I really like what I'm reading about this class. I'd feel even better if Dee Hart had stayed blue. Hopefully, one or two of our RB's step up.

Comment

• Wayne Morgan has delayed his announcement. Hopefully, that's not a bad sign for us.

Comment

• Word is that he and Michigan have parted ways. Didn't like that M kept recruiting DBs after he silently committed.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Damn. Sounds like a bad miscommunication on someone's part. He should have known that we were going to add one or two more after him.

Comment

• Rivals mods are commenting (Balas and Helmholdt) that Morgan is listening to one influential voice (his coach) who is telling him to wait it out. Both think he's listening to the wrong voices.

Helmholdt remarks the focus for M right now is on other players.

Morgan is widely believed to have been the silent commit from two weeks ago who may have asked the staff to give him some time to announce his decision. They did and then he decided to wait a little longer possibly on the advice of his HS coach.

Frankly, if I'm reading this correctly. Hoke/Mattison are playing this they way I would like them to. This isn't the University of Morgan. You were given an opportunity, you may have closed the door on it.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Right. It is Lloyd Carr's University of Michigan.

Comment

• Yeah, while Morgan seems like a nice player, I'm not high on anyone who dicks around with the committment process like that. Either sign with us, or don't. Don't say you are signing, but please don't tell anyone, but wait maybe not. You want to wait and sign at the end--that's fine, but don't play games. If you wait, the class may fill up without you.

Comment

• It seems like you and Hoke have both forgotten that the process doesn't end until February.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I don't care if the kid wants to wait until February. That is fine. But he does so at the risk of losing his spot. There are other players out there as good as Morgan--he's isn't all-world or something.

But it isn't even that he is waiting. I'd be fine with that--he deserves a chance to make up his mind. It's the fact that he's playing games with his committment that bugs me. Fine, he can play games and end up at Rutgers. Michigan will move on. NEXT!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                        It seems like you and Hoke have both forgotten that the process doesn't end until February.
                        Yup, I'm sure that's the case, especially with Hoke. You're one step ahead of him aren't you.

Comment

• Aziz Shittu decommits from Stanford, he's likely to take an official in the fall to M. Jarron Jones is committed to PSU but willl take an official visit to AA as well...

Not worried in the least about finding DT's to fill this class. They might even want to take 3.

Comment

• Jamie, I think that bear attack is messing with your head. .
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I agree, we don't need to play the games. Morgan was offered, he can jump on board or wait around and may lose his offer if someone else takes it. If he's scared of competition in the defensive backfield then M doesn't want him anyway.

Comment

• WM, are those guys you just mentioned both DTs?

Comment

Working...
                                X