Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My understanding is that he set up the official first, then set the announcement date. The announcement date coincides with his homecoming.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I don't think the announcement date means too much, you can twist it either way but it seems to favor the Vols.

Comment

• I'd be shocked if he ends up in Ann Arbor now.

The talk over at Rivals, (where I seem to have stirred up a hornet's nest with my comments) is that O'Brien likes the "outdoorsy" atmosphere of Tennessee, he being an avid outdoorsman and all.

I really thought he'd look at what Michigan is bringing in, along with the opportunity to play close to home, and come to Ann Arbor. Not so, I guess.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'm "outdoorsey" and I'd rather be in Michigan than Tennessee. AA is not outdoorsey but other parts of the state beat Tennessee by a long shot.

I'd like to had O' Brian as well. Will this staff land another DT? It seems that they need all the DT's that they could pick up.

Comment

• I still don't understand why they turned away that borderline 5* guy who ended up committing to Penn State

Comment

• Sa'von Pittman?
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Maybe O'Brien has decided for Michigan and will not visit Tennessee. Cancelling his visit would take the "suspense" from his decision.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I'm still hoping that's the case. If the kid is as good as the gurus say, he'll get lots of playing time as a true freshman. Maybe even start.

Comment

• Recruiting analyst on Bill King this morning said 55/45 Michigan. No clue if that is accurate. Talk at Rivals has had more of Obrien to Vols flavor to it.

Mattison needs DTs bad. Hope Obrien goes Blue.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I still think M has a chance here, maybe just wishful thinking as M 'needs' DT's to help SOON.

Comment

• Clearly he'd get more opportunity to play at Michigan where the need is great. Like Hanni said, if O'Brien goes south, not letting Schutt visit was a mistake.

Comment

• Brian at MgoBlog posted this:

"Hi, it's me, putting on my TomVH/Ace hat.
                          Got a tip from someone close to Jordan Payton that he is "thinking about committing to M" and that the only realistic competition at this point is Oklahoma. Not certain, but if I had to guess I'd say he ends up in a winged helmet. This does not qualify as surprising news--premium sites have had M in the lead for Payton for a while--but it is independent confirmation."

Comment

• He'd be much needed young talent at WR, not taking a WR in '11 is worrisome. M needs a couple blue chippers there like they needed an excellent OL & DL class too.

Comment

• Payton is a great pickup. I hear that his upside is probably limited but he is fairly polished and college ready. That's precisely what we need.

If Stonum comes back next year, I'm starting to worry less about a dropoff in our offense.

Comment

• M is going all out on Bri'onte Dunn, this staff really loves him and stealing him from Ohio would make it bi-winning. Some see Dunn as one of the top 5 backs in the nation and could help the Wolverines very early in his career.

Comment

Working...
                                X