This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    I don't think it means out-and-out fabrication though.
    Maybe, but unlikely.

I won't discount there might have been leakage somewhere but NOT from John Harbaugh's camp and that one would count the most in the reliability department.

There is a record of internecine bullshit going down inside the Fort since about two years before Carr retired. If there is a leak, that's where it would have come from.

The source, IMO, is probably some dirtball beat writer seeing someone a few places removed from Brandon visiting his Grandmother that lives close to the Raven's HQ ...... or better yet, John's wife was seen in a furniture store in Detroit or AA.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Or perhaps someone connected to Texas or USC, and the reporter took that an ran further with it. Who knows? Although the ``looking to retire in the job'' business makes one wonder -- that's Michigan's language being spoken there.

I don't see why the writer has to be categorized as a dirtball, though. Don't shoot the messenger. There are some of those in every profession, and usually a minority of the overall -- banking and financial services excepted, of course.

Comment

• Peppers has been pretty transparent through his recruitment, for my sanity I believe what he says; Peppers is here unless Hoke is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
          Peppers has been pretty transparent through his recruitment, for my sanity I believe what he says; Peppers is here unless Hoke is gone.
          I want to believe you, WM. But I have my doubts because I've heard no rumors about Hoke being fired. Sure, there are probably those whispers and suggestions along the recruiting trail, but I've not heard them anywhere. In fact, Brandon came out a couple of weeks ago and said Hoke is still the guy to lead the team. Saying he's still 100% committed while taking visits sounds like Drake Harris.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

That John Harbaugh shit didn't come out of nowhere.
            Yes it did. Those kind of BS rumors come out every year at this time.

Comment

• My bet is that it's someone at USC or Texas seeing what the reaction would be, but that's just a guess. No matter though; its out there now. Send some alum to see what's feasible because that's a game changer in a way that no other option would be.

Comment

• Why would USC or Texas start a rumor about John Harbaugh going to Michigan?

Comment

• Maybe you should read the story then, and what's upthread.

Comment

• Jhonny Williams flipped to Notre Dame. There goes the Hand backup plan.

Comment

Maybe you should read the story then, and what's upthread.
                      I read the Chat Sorts (who?) article. It quotes unamed sources that says Harbaugh would be pursued by the 3 schools.

Comment

• Yes. It names all three, so I don't get your question.

Comment

• Jesus Christ. Its a stupid fucking internet rumor started by some stupid fucking internet blogger. If anyone thinks the reigning Super Bowl Champion coach who just signed an extension for $7 million a year has any interest in taking over the steaming pile of shit that is the Michigan football program, you are delusional. And the suggestion that the University of Texas is somehow floating these rumors to gauge reaction is tin foil hat-worthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Jesus Christ. Its a stupid fucking internet rumor started by some stupid fucking internet blogger. If anyone thinks the reigning Super Bowl Champion coach who just signed an extension for $7 million a year has any interest in taking over the steaming pile of shit that is the Michigan football program, you are delusional. And the suggestion that the University of Texas is somehow floating these rumors to gauge reaction is tin foil hat-worthy.
                            This ..... but hey, this is an internet forum. Tin foil hats abound.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I doubt that. Texas isn't looking to be finding some up-and-up coordinator. As a matter of fact it makes perfect sense for someone there to say ``well we're Texas, so what about whomever won the last SB?''

Either way, someone put that out there. Nobody fabricated it out of thin air. That doesn't mean Harbaugh has any intention of leaving.

Comment

• :::adjusts tin-foil hat:::
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X