This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    Shocked. If Borges fucks up Shane Morris like he fucked up Devin Gardner my guess is that the excuses might run out in '18 or '19. Michigan might need to destroy every little bit of cachet it has before it can hit bottom and start fresh.
    There might not be a coming back next time. Unlike Ohio, we don't have a backyard full of 5* and 4* guys. We have to use our resources, name, and tradition to recruit. Very soon we are going to be recruiting kids who weren't alive the last time that Michigan went to a Rose Bowl.

Comment

• Yeah. Then it will require competence. But that's how its going. There will still be the stadium and the alumni money. It won't be starting from scratch completely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        Michigan "lock" Hjalte Froholdt has committed to Arkansas.
        If you look at his list of suitors and his limited visits, I think his recruitment may not be over. He's a 2015 kid. He visited Arkansas unoficially a month and a half ago.

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          Yeah. Then it will require competence. But that's how its going. There will still be the stadium and the alumni money. It won't be starting from scratch completely.
          True, but that will put us in Tennessee's shoes. They might suck for 20 more years.

Comment

• I'm personally shocked that Froholdt is going somewhere other than M. I'm not a huge fan of his as a recruit, but I thought he was a lock for M.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
              True, but that will put us in Tennessee's shoes. They might suck for 20 more years.
              Yes. But Michigan is clinging to its tradition for all its worth and then some. Who knows how it turns out in the end but the frog/boiling water analogy fits well.

Comment

• Michigan picked up a commitment from its first HS sophomore today, a OL named Eric Swenson, from Downers Grove IL.

Swenson is already 6' 5" and 292. He is being coached in the off season by Mike Jones of Core 6 Athletes, a training group based in the Chicago area. The former Iowa offensive lineman has been working with his pupil for over three years now, and likes the progress he's seen out of Swenson.

"Erik's always working to be a finisher in the run game," Jones said. "He gives high efforts in his blocks. He's continuing to develop a mean streak and be a more aggressive player. What really makes him special at his left tackle position is his athleticism. It's one thing to find big offensive linemen, and it's another to find athletic ones to play left tackle, and especially in offenses that are very pass-happy in college and the NFL, they want to protect that blind side. With his athleticism, now down the future and down the road, he has the athleticism to one-on-one pass block defensive end with his arm reach, with his quick feet, he can pass block them all game without any help."

Swenson will be part of Michigan's 2016 recruiting class.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He committed last week.

Comment

• Yeah liney, WTF!!!!

Comment

• It's not official till I put it on my recruiting board. I don't expect a '16 recruiting board for a good bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                        He committed last week.
                        My apologies for not reviewing the content before I posted it.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• No need to apologize. Just letting you know. :-)

Comment

• Nice breakdown of the 2011 class that Hoke had about 3 weeks to save:

A blog about Michigan football, recruiting, and Big Ten football.

Comment

• Hoke did alright considering. Discouraging that RR had a good bit of top 250 recruits interested and they all went elsewhere. Fisher and hart were committed.

Comment

• Apparently Hand is trying to flip Peppers according to Peppers. But he says that "he thinks he's still going blue". This is going to be a wild ride to the finish.

Comment

Working...
                                X