Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guaranteed that the "States" are lobbying with all their might, against Rudock being allowed to transfer to Michigan.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      Given reports that Morris is getting most of the #1 snaps and accuracy is much better, my hope is that Gentry spends 2 years learning and then has 3 years starting. QB is gonna be the least of our worries.
      According to Dinardo and another recruit that just visited, Malzone is getting the snaps. What gives Hack?
      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Dinardo said that on the day he visited, Morris and Speight were having "bad" days. Malzone seemed to be practicing well.

If Rudock is allowed to transfer, (my guess is the B1G will say no) then that would likely mean the end of Morris at Michigan. Rudock would most likely become the starter in '15, and O'Korn would probably be the favorite to start in '16. After that, Gentry would probably be available, or maybe even a newer signee.

Comment

• Guaranteed that the "States" are lobbying with all their might, against Rudock being allowed to transfer to Michigan.
          LOL
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            Guaranteed that the "States" are lobbying with all their might, against Rudock being allowed to transfer to Michigan.
            Huh? MSU is lobbying for the same type of deal with Drake Martinez. Take off the tinfoil hat.

Comment

• Sorry, fruit, with the mighty O'Korn unable to play this season, M's QB situation is, apparently, a steaming pile of poop that only the legendary Razor Rudock can salvage. Look for Iowa-esque offensive glory in AA this fall!
              Last edited by iam416; March 26, 2015, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• The practice report I found was right rail of mgoblog. I was surprised to read it myself.

Agreed about Rudock's impact on Morris.

Comment

• If Rudock does end up in AA, he should have more talent around him than he had at Iowa.

Comment

• Rudock wouldn't make anyone forget Tom Brady, or even Chad Henne, for that matter.

But he would bring experience, and some not-so-bad numbers to a team that needs a steady hand at QB. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes. That in itself, will be massively refreshing for Michigan.

Harbaugh will likely set up an offensive scheme for Rudock that will give him lots of high percentage passes to work with, and what should be a much improved running game.

The biggest steaming pile of poop in the B1G will be when all three ohio QB's decide that they should be the starter, and the two that are left out start pissing and moaning about it.

Comment

• It doesn't matter who starts at QB for Ohio as any of the 3 will look like Heisman candidates. Ohio will be 10-0 when they play the Spartans in late November. Likely 11-0 when they come to Ann Arbor...

They'll out talent everyone on their schedule till late November and I wouldn't argue if someone said till January. Their 'big' out-of-conference game is Virginia Tech (who will be improved) but was 7-6 last season in a weak ACC... They play Minnesota (who graduated a lot more than just Cobb - M plays them too btw) and the Illini in the 'west'...

Speaking of the B10 'west', it's even worse than I imagined. Wisconsin by default is the safe pick but I don't think they look like the typical Wisconsin with significant losses on the OL and the loss of Melvin Gordon. Minnesota is hurt by playing both Ohio and Michigan and they lost their elite RB too... Nebraska wasn't very good last season and lost a good bit to graduation... Iowa? NW? Illini?

Looking at the East, Sparty is a clear #2 though Cook loses a lot of talent around him. He won't look near as good in '15 but that defense won't miss much of what little they graduated. That defense will keep them in every game and win them some too. Last season the Spartans were very Jr heavy with some seniors on offense. This season, they'll have a lot of seniors everywhere except where they had graduation. I think they'll sustain their recent success in '15 and in '16 we'll see how good of a coach Dantantio is.

Comment

• Liney seems to have gone all PRIME on us in implying that the M QB situation, with Rudock, is better than OSU's.

It doesn't matter who starts at QB for Ohio as any of the 3 will look like Heisman candidates....

They'll out talent everyone on their schedule till late November and I wouldn't argue if someone said till January.
                        I won't dispute that OSU has gads more talent than anyone on their schedule. However, the first part of your statement certainly suggests UFM and Co. know what to do with it.

MSU's defense should be pretty damn good. I still wasn't overly impressed with their CBs and it's unlikely that a year will really change their athleticism at that spot. In any event, I'm really looking forward to their visit to Columbus. Assuming OSU can get past VT, 10-0 seems like a foregone conclusion. It'll be nice to play a big game.

Comment

• In recruiting news, KJ Costello made it official and is committed to Stanford. Most of the top QBs have decided. Seems like M will push for Peters and call it a day. I have a hard time seeing them take 2 in this class given the QBs they have, but who knows. Maybe JH clears some roster space for another one.

Comment

• Doesn't Costello realize that Jimmy Football has trained and developed 26 of the 32 starting quarterbacks in the NFL?

Why go to Stanford when you can hide in an easy major like Communications at Michigan?

Don't get it, Mr. Costello. Don't get it at all.

Comment

• JH must not have mentioned Andrew Luck enough. Or Costello didn't get Prime's memo:

Harbaugh will have his pick of any pro-style QB in the nation 2016, period. Most 5 stars with true NFL aspiration s and a reasonable skill set to back it up.
                              Apparently, Harbaugh didn't want Costello. Period. LOL.

Comment

• these guys (well at least talent) used to have useful commentary, now they just become the usual trolls.

Comment

Working...
                                X