This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There you go again ...

Andrew Luck is not bad as the "one" quarterback that he's developed....

... and he has developed more than one ....
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• More than one college QB (and said Stanford, but you can throw in USD)? Regardless, I'm still not sure what QB development has to do with Rashan Gary or any position other than QB. Hilariously enough, at the same time OP is mocking UFM's "development" of Tebow and referring to OSU QBs as hoodrats. You're a little too bright to cast your lot with such an idiot. But, hey, if you do so be it. Alexander the Great-Weapons Grade-NFL Machine Inc. I get it.
      Last edited by iam416; March 24, 2015, 09:56 PM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• In actual recruiting news, Scout has its 2016 team rankings up and and running: http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2016

I usually use the 247 Composite: http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Foo...teTeamRankings

247 also allows for a conference breakdown: http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Foo...erence=Big-Ten

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I'm sure Rashan Gary will be impressed by JH's development of one QB at Stanford. KJ Costello and Jacob Eason obviously were.
          Eason and Costello made up their minds while JH was coachibg the 49ers LOL.

JH had a whole 2 weeks to flip them.

I have no doubt given a full recruitment cycle he will land pretty much who he would like, hell Zach Gentry already represents an incredibly high ceiling,, under JH's tutelage, it seems he already has his man, freshly rustled from Texas!

Be afraid Talent, be very afraid.
          Last edited by Prime2; March 25, 2015, 01:58 AM.
          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
            KJ Costello QB announcing soon (w/o visit to M), he'll choose one of the California schools. M should land Brandon Peters who will visit for the spring game... Rashan Gary DT is a position of enormous need and does things guys ~300 lb's shouldn't be able to do... Very early, quick & dirty recruiting board:

QB: Brandon Peters...
            RB: Robert Washington, Rakeem Boyd, Matt Falcon
            WR: Desmond Fitzpatrick, Alton Robinson, Ahmir Mitchell, Brad Hawkins, Donnie Corley
            TE: Naseir Upshur
            OL: Erik Swenson (commit), EJ Price, Michael Jordan, Ben Bredeson, Thiyo Lukusa, Jack Wohalbaugh

DT: Rashan Gary & Michael Onwenu (OG?)
            DE: Xavier Kelly, Khalid Kareem, Josh King, Bryson Young, Ron Johnson
            LB: Dele Harding (commit), Jonathan Jones, Camilo Eifler
            DB: Mark Gilbert, Demetric Vance, Jordan Fuller, CJ Pollard

Tons of other recruits that could move on the list if and when they visit or even plan a visit to Ann Arbor. This is a very, very early recruiting board and will change dramatically in the next month. This current period in recruiting is when recruits setup their early visits which is very telling of who and how much interest they have. M has lots of 'national' recruits that'll be difficult to get them on campus till the summer and its hard to put them on this board till they take and/or plan an actual visit...

Coaching change has set M behind on a lot of these recruits but they can catch up in a hurry after they set foot on campus. There are recruits that were very high on Hoke last summer that have fallen off the map due to M's lousy on-field success and/or coaching change. M needs a strong 2015 season to build momentum with this class and help those national recruits that are deciding late (Dec - signing day).
            Thanks WM Wolverine for actually staying on thread, keep it coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              I'm sure Rashan Gary will be impressed by JH's development of one QB at Stanford. KJ Costello and Jacob Eason obviously were.
              By the way, Harbaugh did develop at least one QB while at the University of San Diego. A kid named Todd Mortensen transferred there for a 5th year of eligibility, and later went on to the NFL. In his only season with Harbaugh, he passed for 2,874 yards and 25 touchdowns with six interceptions.

You really need to concede that Harbaugh knows how to develop quarterbacks. And I'll add that I think history shows he's done so better than Mr. Meyer.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• And I'll add that I think history shows he's done so better than Mr. Meyer.
                What you think is no mystery to me. If you want to follow along -- and I know you don't (or can't) -- I never said JH couldn't develop QBs. I said JH's development of Andrew Luck (a point raised by your intellectual leader, OP) is irrelevant to Rashan Gary and any other player not playing QB. You obviously don't disagree, and hence the bizarre digression.

Eason and Costello made up their minds while JH was coachibg the 49ers LOL.
                I thought Costello was deciding THIS week. I didn't realize JH was still coaching the 49ers. I remember when he was a M lock. Heh.

Comment

• Given reports that Morris is getting most of the #1 snaps and accuracy is much better, my hope is that Gentry spends 2 years learning and then has 3 years starting. QB is gonna be the least of our worries.

Comment

• For the record, Eason never flinched, Costello met with Hoke in AA but obviously dropped Michigan when it became clear Hoke was a deadman walking. Naturally JH jumped aboard Wolverine 1 in an 11th hour to white knight it but to quote Urbie, once they are gone they are gone for good, small issue. I suspect out of profound respect for Harbaugh Costillo includes Michigan but it is clear he is staying in CA.

FYI..... NFL Machine Inc. Is not merely limited to the QB position, heavens no. JH's crack squad of NFL coaching mercenaries will naturally and universally appeal to all positions. Now GFY.

Comment

• I'm in Arkansas this week on business. Flipping through this morning's Arkansas Democrat Gazette, there's a short blurb on Harbaugh's recent interview with Fox 2 Sports. Harbaughmania is everywhere...this can't hurt recruiting!
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Clearly national recognition is part of the strategy. The video was LOL. Harbaugh's a weird mix of off-the-cuff earnestness, pregnant silences and wry trolling. I like it.

Comment

• Of course the #1 player overall is fondly referring to coach Partridge. Jim Harbaugh recently hired Gary's former Paramus head coach, Chris Partridge, as the team's new recruiting operations coordinator.

Gary is the nation's No. 1 prospect on Scout, so his return to campus is significant, especially since he admitted that the hiring of his former high school coach, Chris Partridge, onto Michigan's recruiting staff greatly boosted the Maize and Blue in his mind.

"That's my guy," the 6-foot-4, 280-pound Gary said. That's someone that I can come to for personal things (outside of) football. I can talk to him about school and on a personal level. He gives me advice. When I got (to Paramus Catholic) he made me feel like it was home."

"Obviously, the Partridge connection is huge," Webb says. "He is really, really grateful for the relationship he has with Partridge that formed through his transfer. There was a lot of controversy with his move over there. There were charges of recruiting and hearings with the state athletic association, and Partridge assured him things would work out and he would be able to play.

"Eventually the charges were deemed unfounded and they credit Partridge with not only support, but being right in what he had told them. The kid told me that no matter what happens, Partridge will always be a part of his life. Mom really leaned on him too, and Rashan has family in Detroit he wants to reconnect with, so there are a lot of factors there with Michigan."

Comment

• Rudock free to transfer.

Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz told reporters Wednesday that he signed quarterback Jake Rudock's transfer papers "with no strings attached."

Comment

• Well, that reads to me that the B1G would have to grant a waiver if he wanted to play at Michigan this fall. Something that might hold it up as far as i know.

Comment

• If it were the NCAA i wouldn't expect a decision till August at the earliest. B10 should clear this up somewhat soon. As I understand it, Div I is trying to set new policies on 5th year transfers as well as transfers in general and maybe the B10 is a part of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X