Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubt the Tom Harmon jersey will help Gardner much now. Sure didn't turn Hoke or Brandon into winners either.
    I hope Hackett and Harbaugh do the right thing and re-retire those numbers permanently.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Oh yes. PLEASE.

Comment

• I think someone in here mentioned a few months back that it might be good to "un-retire" certain numbers for special SINGLE game events like homecoming, but then the numbers would go back into retirement. I could live with that.

Although, I don't think #98 should ever be worn again. Tom Harmon established a legacy for that number that does not need to be besmirched ever again.

Comment

• Just don't give it to Gardner.
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I think we're safe now, Whodean.

Gardner is out of eligibility.

I don't think he'd get very far with Harbaugh anyway.

Comment

• Rashan Gary is visiting this weekend.

Comment

• KJ Costello QB announcing soon (w/o visit to M), he'll choose one of the California schools. M should land Brandon Peters who will visit for the spring game... Rashan Gary DT is a position of enormous need and does things guys ~300 lb's shouldn't be able to do... Very early, quick & dirty recruiting board:

QB: Brandon Peters...
                RB: Robert Washington, Rakeem Boyd, Matt Falcon
                WR: Desmond Fitzpatrick, Alton Robinson, Ahmir Mitchell, Brad Hawkins, Donnie Corley
                TE: Naseir Upshur
                OL: Erik Swenson (commit), EJ Price, Michael Jordan, Ben Bredeson, Thiyo Lukusa, Jack Wohalbaugh

DT: Rashan Gary & Michael Onwenu (OG?)
                DE: Xavier Kelly, Khalid Kareem, Josh King, Bryson Young, Ron Johnson
                LB: Dele Harding (commit), Jonathan Jones, Camilo Eifler
                DB: Mark Gilbert, Demetric Vance, Jordan Fuller, CJ Pollard

Tons of other recruits that could move on the list if and when they visit or even plan a visit to Ann Arbor. This is a very, very early recruiting board and will change dramatically in the next month. This current period in recruiting is when recruits setup their early visits which is very telling of who and how much interest they have. M has lots of 'national' recruits that'll be difficult to get them on campus till the summer and its hard to put them on this board till they take and/or plan an actual visit...

Coaching change has set M behind on a lot of these recruits but they can catch up in a hurry after they set foot on campus. There are recruits that were very high on Hoke last summer that have fallen off the map due to M's lousy on-field success and/or coaching change. M needs a strong 2015 season to build momentum with this class and help those national recruits that are deciding late (Dec - signing day).
                Last edited by WM Wolverine; March 24, 2015, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• Gary is visting Columbus this weekend too.
                  "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• M needs a strong 2015 season to build momentum with this class and help those national recruits that are deciding late (Dec - signing day).
                    As part of that it would also be useful if they have some "showcase" players. IMO, it's easier for kids to envision success if there's someone at the program crushing it at the same position. I honestly can't think of a badass, standout on the M defense since Mike Martin. Denard was probably the last player with real national recognition.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• absolutely right Talent. You can't make a kid into Tom Harmon by giving him number 98. UM needs a stud duck with national recognition. Rashan Gary could be that player.

Comment

• Peppers will be that type of player. Gary could be that guy. Right now, though, Gary doesn't see anyone on the DL that is dynamic. Has Mattison developed any really good DL?

Gary looks at Alabama and Bama's DL sucess and thinks, "yeah, I can see myself there."

Anyway, my point is mostly about attracting interest. Winning big and a recent history of stud players at the position of interest is a great way to do that. But, once you attract the interest, tt's still primarily about comfort and relationships. JH already has Gary's interest, so now it's down to where he feels most comfortable.

Comment

• Are you saying that you didn't think that Brennan Beyer was a household name? He was a one man wrecking machine. ;)
                          Last edited by SeattleLionsFan; March 24, 2015, 04:23 PM.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Beyer was the prototypical tweener, not big enough to play strongside defensive end, not athletic enough to play weakside end or linebacker. Would've been a very good reserve.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              As part of that it would also be useful if they have some "showcase" players. IMO, it's easier for kids to envision success if there's someone at the program crushing it at the same position. I honestly can't think of a badass, standout on the M defense since Mike Martin. Denard was probably the last player with real national recognition.
                              Ah his name is Andrew Luck. Luck went on to star for Harbaugh at Stanford, became the No. 1 pick in the 2012 NFL Draft and has broke numerous NFL records in only three professional seasons.

Oh yeah, for elites it's essentially about "show me the money", in Luck's case, the fully guaranteed deal is worth $22.1 million over four years with a fifth-year team option, includes a $14.5 million signing bonus.

Why should only the coaches and power schools make all the cash? NFL Machine Inc. Indeed.
                              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I'm sure Rashan Gary will be impressed by JH's development of one QB at Stanford. KJ Costello and Jacob Eason obviously were.

Comment

Working...
                                X