Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In OSU terms, their are OFFERS and offers. Some kids they'll take right away. End of story. And for a few it means they'll find a way to fit you in the class if you delay. Rashan Gary is an OFFER. Heh.

Other offers mean "we're interested." It may mean come to camp and show us some more. Who knows.

On the flip side, UFM says an early verbal just means the kid likes you best on that day. And he thinks you have to work harder to hold that commit. Once a kid decommits, it's done.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• well, he is right about the decommits (except Dawkins) in my experience.

Also, getting a bunch of early commits certainly didn't help Hoke. I'd rather have the kid commit in January if I had my druthers.

Comment

• Won't have to worry about that with this staff, for the most part.

Comment

• If 20 random kids verbally accepted offers, and that's all the openings you had, the school would likely be in a bit of a quandary.

For instance, if 5 of those verbals were quarterbacks, and you only needed 1-2 in the class, then 3-4 of those commitments would be out of luck. If you're obeying NCAA rules, you'd have to tactfully find a way to disappoint the ones that you don't want.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Saw this link over at Scout. Don't think it's been posted yet.

Michigan has hosted a number of recruits in recent weeks, and many of their parents left raving about Michigan’s new Director of Player Development, Gwendolyn Bush.

Comment

• Any good Oklahoma commits we can poach?

Comment

• Recruiting news should pick-up relatively soon, I'll try and update the recruiting board when I have the free time.

Comment

• Have fun listing the 2,367,448 offers Harbaugh and his staff have put out there.

Which reminds me. This offer talk is pretty useless. They don't mean squat as far as what the 2016 or 17 classes might look like and as I understand it.

I think talent posted there are COMMITTABLE offers and then there are offers. Not sure I really grasp the implications there as no offer is "committable" until the player signs his NLOI.

Obviously, getting a ton of offers from power 5 schools raises the stock of that player but this offer stuff has gotten so out of hand, not sure it really does anything with respect to grading out that player.

Camp ..... and that's why I suspect Harbaugh appears to be interested in this approach in Cali and probably Texas.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I've always only listed recruits with significant mutual interest and feel my track record is pretty good at spotting those with my recruiting board. I canceled my Rivals subscription finally but keep good tabs on MGoblog, twitter and a couple other M blogs; Touch the Banner is one.

Comment

• AND YOU DO A GREAT JOB. THANKS

Comment

• Used too, till more recruits were wiping M off their list last October than would consider a M offer. I hope to start back up as this is about the time real recruiting news starts.

Comment

• I do and I'm sure others here do too, have a rivals subscription and can fill in what we see. I don't have your kind of energy to put a whole board together.

Comment

• Is Rivals the best pay M board? As opposed to Scout or 247?

I guess it's all down to the quality of "insider" on each

Comment

• Rivals [The Wolverine] was by far the best for M fans but they've lost 2-3 of their best insiders in the past couple years: Josh H, evaluating for Rivals now was the best. I don't find much of anything there that I don't find too much later on twitter. I might opt for Rivals now they've discounted the price...

MGoBlog has went far downhill too, Ace is neither a good insider or a good analyst.

Comment

• Most premium sites aren't worth it, really. You're right -- the time lapse for inside info to turn public is remarkably short. I still pay for Scout, but I'm close to canceling. They have one guy that does a really good job and is worth, say, $4 a month...heh....

Mgo's recruiting write-ups are awful. You do better work on this thread in your spare time.

Comment

Working...
                                X