X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Prime2:

I understand that OP is well-versed in one-legged, toothless hookers and far worse. However, my mother has two legs, so he must be thinking of someone else who shared his captain's cabin.
    Well then, I stand corrected, he obviously meant Ms. Hack and "his/her" pre-Copenhagen metamorphosis.
    Last edited by Prime2; March 3, 2015, 02:28 PM.
    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Shocker! OP is a switch hitter? I was guessing 100% closeted/repressed. Anyhow, glad you here, Prime2, shedding some light on what we've all been wondering about these days?

Comment

• ???

Crystal methamphetamine will ruin you...you young breaking bad "lady".
        "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• OP rike radyboy?

Comment

• Fairly interesting post at mgoblog this morning about a substantiated rumor that M may set up a summer camp in California. You can read the details at mgoblog/mgoboard.

Makes sense, now, that JH is pictured out there ostensibly being the first base coach for the Oakland As. Suspect the real reason he's out there is to set this camp up. What a terrific idea.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• He's not with the A's in Oakland. He's at the A's spring camp in Arizona

Comment

• PSU's summer camp in Georgia (@ Georgia State I think) didn't net them any actual recruits in the last class but could very well help down the line in '16 & beyond... Surprised how much resources the staff is directing to Cali, Texas at the expense of Florida where M has had a bit more success recently...

I still think future success of the B10 programs relies on the underrated talent along the mid-Atlantic; New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, preferably at the expense of ACC programs. IMO the talent in upstate NY is typically underrated too, some gems in that state that get past over... Penn State has always done, very very well in this region (under JoePa till the 2000's) and built their excellent '15 class from it... There is enough talent to go around for the B10 East, they just need to out-recruit like I said the in-state ACC programs; VT, Virginia, NC, etc....

-

Syracuse's sanctions in basketball meanwhile are more likely to favor the Big East schools than the B10 though it would be nice to see the B10's Eastern schools (Penn State & Syracuse) do well relative to the Big East. PSU has the disadvantage of being very rural while recruiting urban recruits and Rutgers has a long ways to go to build that program up to catch up with say Villanova, Seton Hall, St. John's, etc.

Comment

• Agree re football. There are obviously some really good players in Virginia, but Maryland and New Jersey aren't bad either.

I'm not sure how much currency remote camps get you with the area kids. Seems like it's mostly just an opportunity to evaluate kids who wouldn't otherwise trek across country to M -- either for lack of interest or funds. At least with the California camp there is a travel justification for it. Penn State's Georgia camp is silly, IMO. First, it's a hard region to recruit. Second, if Georgia kids are interested, at all, in PSU they can camp at HV or otherwise visit. I'll be surprised if PSU starts beating out anyone for Georgia kids.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• How do offers work?

Comment

• You can verbally say you have a full scholarship to play at M or you can send an official letter. Face-to-face is preferable...

The offers mean very little as the coaches still have to 'accept' their commitments.

Comment

• Ok, as I understand, M has a gazillion offers out right now (say for 2016) and perhaps only 20 scholarships available. If tomorrow 20 kids call or send letters in to commit, what does that do to all the other offers? Will others who have not committed then lose interest in M even though a spot may open up later? Can M "not accept" a commitment or delay it in hopes of getting a comittment from a bigger fish? I guess what I'm most curious about is the "not accept" ability of M and what that does to the involved recruit and other potential recruits. If a school has a history of offering and then "not accepting" those offers, what does that do to a school's reputation with respect to being behind their offers. Kind of a long post to perhaps ask a pretty simple question.

Comment

• For starters, nobody can send in their official acceptance letter until national signing day. Prior to NSD nothing is binding.

If a school has a history of offering and then "not accepting" those offers, what does that do to a school's reputation with respect to being behind their offers?

They become the SEC and win a shit ton of national championships.

Comment

• for a lot of kids, just to say they were offered by Alabama, OSU or, yes, Michigan is a big deal, even though they know they cannot accept the offer and make a binding contract. The word "offer" is misleading because it is the first step in any contract. What it really is is the university saying, "hey, I'd like you to play football for us. . ." All the player can say is, "OK, sounds good".

And "signing" on NSD is a one way deal that binds the kid.

In truth, if the offers could be accepted, only the 4* and 5* players would hold offers now.

Comment

• Thanks. While I know it's not exactly true, this whole offer-commit thing sounds a bit meaningless and just something for us to talk about.

Comment

• yup.

The best solution is to pay the players, and if some school wanted to pay an incoming freshman, so be it. This is just another way of saying what Mike said above: You become the SEC.

Comment

Working...
                                X