Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wrote a lame troll post on some forum a while ago that agrees with Geezer, it highlights how only stupid states care about HS Football It really pissed those south people off!:

Ha! The Big Ten sucks! Clever route you chose to take. As a Northerner, I take comfort in the fact that we care 1/52 as much about Amateur sports as the South does. The South does so because of a weird sense of identity they have with their state representing College teams. You don't see people in Manhattan give a shit about College Football, that's because they are evolved. They follow Professional teams because they play at the highest level and sports do not have any role in their self worth because they are not a shitty still evolving people.

Let the South have Amateur sports, let them brag about the South's dominance in this amateur endeavor in a clearly racist exercise that is just as much about what their grandfather's took pride in a generation ago. The rebel flag. Being racist. White power. Sure they ain't as racist anymore but their southern pride comes from this. It's why they don't care about the Falcons or Hawks. The Hawks literally had a Human Highlight Film and still failed to sell playoff tickets. Those pro players aren't usually from the South so South people don't get any satisfaction or confidence from their performance (Southerners lack confidence and often thumbs, they usually have stubs) to boost their self esteem, self esteem which they lack because everyone thinks the South is dumb.

Don't laugh at me, don't call me stupid. The above is pretty spot on bro. But seriously, you don't think the fattest region with the highest illiteracy rates are really good at football because they are just better than others do you? No, they just don't have anything else to care about. It's who they are. It's embarrassing to anybody with at least 10,000 bucks in their bank account. The South is better at football for the same reason those with an IQ of 60 are better at beating off, they just don't know any better. They just don't know that beating off 10x a day is to the detriment of their development in other more important areas.
    The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• [youtube]TM2RUVnTlvs[/youtube]
      Last edited by Deuce; June 18, 2015, 07:25 PM.
      The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• EJ Price decommits from UGA. If Michigan wants, they are probably the leader and there's no reason they shouldn't want. Made a weird commitment in the first place.

No 54 in the 247 Composite, for those keeping track at home.

Comment

• He was on my recruiting board pretty much till he committed. Not sure if there is room anymore with Davis and then if M takes a 5th, they'd want a center type.

Comment

• There's no reason any of Onwenu, Davis or Bredeson can't play C. You don't pass on a true LT prospect like Price. That's be my first major kwibble with recruiting if that happens. Price was my favorite OL target earlier in the process.

Comment

• Absolutely. And Mason Cole took some snaps there this spring. Bredeson has the quickest feet, but the smartest of the bunch should be center, and it will take some time to figure that out. if I were Davis, I'd be announcing soon. Damn I hate those scholarship limits.

Comment

• if we are really in on all these 4*+ guys, then Harbaugh will have to do some "Saban-esque" jettisoning at some point --- that may be deleterious in the long term

Comment

• Maybe some have already told him they are leaving, but don't want to make it public yet.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The Amy Schumer rape/football sketch was fantastic!

Garrison Keillor once took Prairie Home Companion to Nashville and led off with a speech about how the North's duty is the victor is to be the adult of the two and politely tolerate the childish reactions of the loser. But for how long already? Cant they get over it someday?

Was so eloquent! Wish I could find a transcript.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      Maybe some have already told him they are leaving, but don't want to make it public yet.
                      Hearing murmurs of David Reese possibly decommiting.
                      Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Devin Gil? Well, that gives M one more commit than OSU at the moment. And I reckon they'll have two more any minute now. Advantage HARBAUGH!!!
                        Last edited by iam416; June 19, 2015, 10:53 AM.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• if we are really in on all these 4*+ guys, then Harbaugh will have to do some "Saban-esque" jettisoning at some point --- that may be deleterious in the long term
                          I think that "roster" management is a foregone conclusion at this point. And I'm not talking about the kids that JH is going to run off the team. I'm talking about committed recruits. He's going to be at 18 today when Bush finally makes it official. I believe 28 is his max per B10 rules -- if he can clear enough space. He has an easy half dozen 4* kids very interested/ready to commit. He's going to have renege on a few.

As to whether it will hurt him or not, that depends on his success. There lots of good brands with big stadiums and nice facilities that win 8ish games a year. That's a seller-friendly market. There aren't many elite programs, though. That's a buyer-friendly market. And regardless, he's only going to jettison lower rated kids. And honestly, that's a market that you can treat with a fair amount of impunity if you're a big-time program.

I'm starting to move a bit off "meh" into the "like" camp. I'll firmly be there if he's able to add 7-8 more 4* kids and if he aggressively manages the roster. Heh
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Some of the people at Rivals think he'll eventually get up to 28-30 commits at some point. How it dwindles down from there is anyone's guess, but I don't disagree with that thought the way things are going.

Comment

• Reese FB is looking for a place where they'll guarantee him the ability to play linebacker, that's not M so I expect he'll announce his decommitment soon. He's already taking unofficials...

I expect this recruiting class to be ~24 members and then M will be in on 3-5 recruits that'll be signing day announcements.

Comment

• Supposedly there are a few yet to be announced departures that aren't 4th/5th year players that'll open up a few spots.

Comment

Working...
                                X