Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wingsfan, you and I both wish I would have been right about that. But, you definitely called that shot.

Hoke showed a lot of promise in his first season. He won 11 games, beat ohio, won a bowl game, and seemingly had surrounded himself with some excellent assistants. He recruited well, and all seemed to be falling into place for a return to excellence.

Then his second year happened.

I don't hate on Brady Hoke for his Michigan experience. He was a decent football coach, that took advantage of an opportunity that fell into his lap, and it was an opportunity he'd always dreamed of. Everybody has a dream scenario in their lives with their careers, who would do the same thing if a golden opportunity landed in their laps. His problem was that he was in over his head.

I wish him well. I hope he finds a program where he can resume being a HC, where the pressure isn't so great, and he can lead and guide young men. He's a good man.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Smoke and mirrors all made possible by the hubris of an incompetent AD's failure to hire a proper coach.

Team loaded with RR seniors + Denard Robinson + favorable schedule = 11 wins.

If DR had actually left the program for geener pastures in order to be developed by a real coach, Hoke would have been fired at the end of year 2.
      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post

If DR had actually left the program for geener pastures in order to be developed by a real coach, Hoke would have been fired at the end of year 2.
        That's very doubtful. You seem to be forgetting who the A.D. was at the time. You know, the guy that ignored Harbaugh in the first place.

Comment

• No, you are actually mistaken.

Brandon fired RR, bumbled the search, hung out at the Orange Bowl until Harbaugh finished and was described by Bacon as a warm pass in terms of gauging interest. Settled for Hoke, a subordinate bootlicker after he painted himself in a corner.
          Last edited by Prime2; June 21, 2015, 11:08 AM.
          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I've got to at least partially agree with Prime.

Brandon never made a serious effort to get Harbaugh

Nor did he make a serious attempt for Miles.

Hoke was his man from the get-go.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Liney.... To add about my recruiting comments... UNL has had two elite 11 QB's in the past 10 yrs. neither started nor finished at Nebraska. There is a lot to winning it all.... Including luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
                No, you are actually mistaken.

Brandon fired RR, bumbled the search, hung out at the Orange Bowl until Harbaugh finished and was described by Bacon as a warm pass in terms of gauging interest. Settled for Hoke, a subordinate bootlicker after he painted himself in a corner.
                That's exactly what I was eluding to.

I think Brand-on was too invested in his Hoke hire, and his neglect of going after Harbaugh when the window was open, that he would not have given up on him in 2 years. Pride and ego were really the only 2 things that Dave could be counted on for.

Comment

• I just got a chance to view the workout/highlight film of Victor Viramontes just posted at mgoblog (don't know if it's been posted here or not). I am always amazed at the training drills being developed and/or used. Having said that, after watching the video I am excited about this kid and what he could do at M under the right set of circumstances. Kid is a stud.

Comment

• He's kinda got a look about him, doesn't he?

Comment

• Maybe Rocky VI.

Comment

• I don't know that he has elite physical skills but he clearly looks like a guy who will never shy away from competing. Which I think is exactly the point.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Probably a linebacker but could see him line up at TE or FB if those don't work out.

Comment

• Heh. Yeah, something like that. Looks like a guy that wants to find his way onto the field.

Comment

• I've yet to read anything other than gushing evaluations of HARBAUGH's recruits to date. Sounds like a really impressive class.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Master TALENT EVALUATOR. If you were true to your name, you'd know a little something about that, but...

Comment

Working...
                                X