This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any rumors who?
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• That's too many recruits it one class unless you are.commted to doing that kind of roster management from this point forward IMO.

Comment

• Mgoblog reporting Devin Gill has committed.

Comment

• Two OL (guesses are Fox and Samuelson) and a defensive back.

Comment

• I have heard Pipkins mentioned as a medical as well.

Comment

• That's pretty much official I believe.

Comment

• from mgoblog, trust in Harbaugh:

According to a study of the 2010 recruiting class by SBNation, the chances of any 3* being drafted were 5.6%, and the odds of any 2* being drafted 2.9%. Combined, 3*s and 2*s together had about a 4% chance of being drafted.

In a post I made in Steve's thread about the visiting New Jersey recruits, I found that Harbaugh's recruits rated 0.85x or lower in the 247Composite had a 12.5% chance of being drafted, which is triple that national rate. But that understates matters because limiting the sample to 0.85x cuts out the best-regarded 3*s Harbaugh recruited. Running the numbers again for all 3*s, ten of Harbaugh's 64 3* or worse recruits were drafted, a 15.6% rate.

So, Harbaugh's 3* or worse recruits were nearly four times as likely to be drafted as the national average for that level of recruit. Not too shabby.

Looking at the higher rated recruits, six of Harbaugh's nineteen 4*s were drafted, a 31.6% rate. The national rate for 4*s from the link was 19.5%, so Harbaugh's success with 4*s was about 62% better than average. Harbaugh is a good coach.

Comment

• Who's the DB?

Comment

• Rivals didn't mention anything other than he's not a freshman or a rs freshman.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      from mgoblog, trust in Harbaugh:

According to a study of the 2010 recruiting class by SBNation, the chances of any 3* being drafted were 5.6%, and the odds of any 2* being drafted 2.9%. Combined, 3*s and 2*s together had about a 4% chance of being drafted.

In a post I made in Steve's thread about the visiting New Jersey recruits, I found that Harbaugh's recruits rated 0.85x or lower in the 247Composite had a 12.5% chance of being drafted, which is triple that national rate. But that understates matters because limiting the sample to 0.85x cuts out the best-regarded 3*s Harbaugh recruited. Running the numbers again for all 3*s, ten of Harbaugh's 64 3* or worse recruits were drafted, a 15.6% rate.

So, Harbaugh's 3* or worse recruits were nearly four times as likely to be drafted as the national average for that level of recruit. Not too shabby.

Looking at the higher rated recruits, six of Harbaugh's nineteen 4*s were drafted, a 31.6% rate. The national rate for 4*s from the link was 19.5%, so Harbaugh's success with 4*s was about 62% better than average. Harbaugh is a good coach.

Quite interesting and encouraging. Yet, I'm always amazed that someone, somewhere can find some sort of statistic to validate just about anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mackenzie View Post
                        Quite interesting and encouraging. Yet, I'm always amazed that someone, somewhere can find some sort of statistic to validate just about anything.
                        That actually happens about 42% of the time.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• The above basically says JH's 3-stars nearly get drafted at a level of a 4-star. Quite astonishing.

Comment

• 2008: 1/12/4

Luck (4*), DeCastro (3), Martin (3).

4* -- 1 for 1; 3*: 2 for 12; 2*: 0 fo 4.

2009: 9/13/1

Ertz, Taylor, Toilolo, Gaffney (all 4*); Gardner (2)

4*: 4 for 9. 3*: 0 for 13. 2*: 1 for 1.

2010: 4/18/2

Fleming (3), Yankey (3), Anderson (3), Reynolds (3)

4*: 0 for 4; 3*: 4 for 18.

Overall: 4*: 5 for 14. 3*: 6 for 43.

12 total NFL draft picks from 3 classes. 12.
                            Last edited by iam416; June 19, 2015, 08:24 PM.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It does validate HARBAUGH!

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                                That actually happens about 42% of the time.
                                That is so funny. Best laugh I've had so far today :smile:.

Comment

Working...
                                X